My Argon 18 Krypton

mattwood
mattwood Posts: 148
edited February 2013 in Your road bikes
So I have had this for about a year and it is my first carbon road bike. Only ridden it a few times due to being knocked off it on the 3rd or 4th time out and have just finished getting it ready for the road again!

MyArgon18Aug12.jpg

Spec as I can remember is;

• 2011 SRAM Rival group set
• 2011 SRAM S950 carbon chainset
• Zipp service course bars and stem
• Krypton carbon seat post
• 2011 SRAM S30AL Sprint wheels
• LOOK Ti Blade pedals
• Selle San Marco SKN saddle with titanox tubular rails
• Zipp carbon bottle cage
• Schwalbe Ultremo R1 tyres

And as it was my birthday last week I got some lovely matching kit to go with it!

TeamKit.jpg

All comments welcome. Thanks for looking!

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Looks very nice!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    its a smart bike -= and smart kit - hope you survive longer this time and dont get knocked off again - I'd be desperate to get riding again!
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • trek1996
    trek1996 Posts: 184
    I really like the Argon range, especially the TT bikes.
  • Real nice setup chap. I got the same framset and can't get enough of it! Loving that kit too...might have to treat myself!
    Here's mine :)viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12857137
  • mattwood
    Thanks for all the kind words - I looked at a lot of framesets but this was about the only one that jumped out and said 'I NEED THIS!'

JimmyBloom - I think I've seen yours before, again, a lovely specimen of an Argon! I have only ever seen 1 more around where I live, so they definately aren't that common. If you want the kit, I believe it was bought from i-ride.co.uk - but be warned, the jersey is £70, the bibs are £85 and if you want the gloves they're £25. I think they also do a long sleeved fleece-jersey and a windproof gilet as well!
  • taff..
    taff.. Posts: 81
    and here's mine...http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12853657

mine has different decals, is it a year older or something?
  • mattwood
    edited August 2012
    Another fine looking argon sir!

I think yours is a 2010 model. You can tell by the sligtly different frame shape (as well as thedifferent decals). Things like the 3D headtube and the curved seat stays on mine anf JimmyBloom's are the more subtle give-aways.

Even so; I bet yours still ride excellently!
  • taff..
    taff.. Posts: 81
    that'll explain why it was being sold off so cheaply, £500 frameset or £1K with full 105 and fulcrum racing 7's :D

and yes, it is loverly to ride 8)
  • Thats a hot tip for the jersey, thanks. The LBS is a dealer for them, so you see a few about, though it's mostly the TT set ups. Those things look real f-ing quick!!
    Only thing I want to change on mine is wheels, but that'll have to wait for a little while....
    Happy riding fellow Argoners! :)
  • mattwood
    Yeah - I really want a TT bike from argon! But deep section wheels might be first on my list. Where is your LBS? It's not 'Geared bikes' or something like that is it? As they're the closest dealer to me - the other being in bournemouth!
  • Yeah that's them, I help out in there on Saturdays too. Got a real nice gallium build in at the moment.....lost many a minute staring at that beauty!!
    Temptation is everywhere......haha :)
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    What's that under the stem? Does the frame extend up that high?
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • mattwood
    it's what Argon call a 3D headtube. They're basically spacers, but they extend the headtube rather than fit above the headset. It's meant to be stiffer/better than normal spacers.
  • 8500802490_d6032e01d8.jpg

Another Argon 18 bike, love it.
    "You riding or Hiding", Stupid question!
    "I'll get my bike"
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    argonrider wrote:
    8500802490_d6032e01d8.jpg

Another Argon 18 bike, love it.

Looks good, apart from the fact the bars are higher than the saddle. That's illegal.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    All good.
    Nice colours.
  • 756787a6b29685fed6ce1fe01e7705b9.jpg
    Since a few people said they like the TT bikes, here's mine.
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • dereko
    dereko Posts: 55
    That's a serious looking machine! Never ridden a tt but would love a blast on this one :)