Retul Bike Fitting Surrey/Hampshire ?

s1mon
s1mon Posts: 618
edited August 2012 in Road general
Hi,

I had a basic bikefit a while back and then got my bike from a different shop but used the bikefit measurments to get best frame size and tt length I needed. I'd like a proper fitting on the bike now so I know it's set up as best it can be for my own comfort. Any recommendations for a good Retul fitting in Surrey/Hampshire, Hants would be better if I can avoid travelling into London. Spoken to one company and replied to them but I've heard nothing back :?

Thanks.

Comments

• Velke
    Velke Posts: 61
    Hi

To answer your question

Primera in Bournemouth, do Retul

http://www.primera-sports.com/services/ ... tting.aspx

however, I've also been wanting a proper bike fit - 6'4" 17 stone ex Rugby player with bad knee, converted MAMIL

Called a number of LBS (6) & discussed pros & cons of Bike fit options and the system they use, plus reviews and YouTube clips.

After all of this, I'm booked in next week with PedalHeaven in Fleet, for a BG Fit, live in Lymington but choose Fleet over BG Fit centre in Southampton, due to knowledge and experience (might have been BS, but time will tell) :-) !
    Specialized Roubaix Elite - Ultegra Di2
    Canyon Inflite 9.0 - Ultegra
  • s1mon
    Fleet, I never thought of them. There 10 mins drive for me :-) what type of bike fit do they do ?
  • A bit far to go and definitely not in Hampshire, but Download Cycles in Kent did mine, and the guy (Brian) was awesome. I'm very fussy and we used the whole 3 hours, took measurements of my old setup and transferred to a stationary bike, then made loads of changes based on my feedback, made me extremely comfortable, transferred the changes back to my bike, and then inputted all the data into a spreadsheet so that it can be used again and again.

You'd only need 2 bad bike fits for it to be worth the time and travelling.

Just my opinion based on experience, i'm sure there are other good ones.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    James, the guy that does the Specialized BG Fit at Pedal Heaven is a good bloke - they have a dedicated 'studio' with video capture so hopefully you'll see the benefit of the fit. Whilst they're mainly a Specialized dealer, you can transfer the 'fit' to any other bike.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • s1mon
    Just spoke to Pedal Heaven I didn't know it was a Specialized fit but guess it will still work on my TCR :?

Tempted to go with them as it's so close to home, bit more expensive but I'm going to save a few ££'s in fuel.
  • Velke
    Velke Posts: 61
    If your booked in I'm asking James for a Discount :D
    Specialized Roubaix Elite - Ultegra Di2
    Canyon Inflite 9.0 - Ultegra
  • BlakeysFC
    BlakeysFC Posts: 233
    East Street Cycles in Farnham/Kingston/Walton-on-Thames all do Bike Fit