British National Champ... Or not

Secteur
Secteur Posts: 1,971
edited August 2012 in The cake stop
Thought I saw Ian Stannard yesterday, until I remembered he's at the Vuelta.

A guy rode buy on a team Sky Pinarello with sky tights and a British Champ jersey.

Could I be mistaken? Is there perhaps a junior category or something as surely no-one else would wear such an outfit?

Ps lets not open the "earn the right to wear the jersey" debate!

Comments

• Zingzang
    Zingzang Posts: 196
    Secteur wrote:
    Is there perhaps a junior category or something as surely no-one else would wear such an outfit?
    Secteur wrote:
    lets not open the "earn the right to wear the jersey" debate!
    Er, I think you just have.
  • Lluke
    Lluke Posts: 1
    There are quite a few people who wear national champ jersey's in the Lancashire Area if you Loc is right :/
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    no, genuinely curious, as he did look pro - well at least he had the full Sky get up including the Sky pinarello...
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Geriant Thomas?

A Track rider?

Was the bike definitely a Sky pinarello? or was it in national colours?
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    There's a paralympian that races at Preston on a full GB Pinarello and frequently wears GB kit.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    GiantMike wrote:
    There's a paralympian that races at Preston on a full GB Pinarello and frequently wears GB kit.

He's on here I believe. Pokerface?
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Mouth wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:

Not him , Colin represents Ireland , and last time I saw him, still using a Cervelo on the road...
    http://www.paralympic.org/blog/colin-lynch-shot-glory
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Mouth wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:

Having googled for a while, this is the chap I was thinking of. Very impressive background.

Inspirational and a potential gold medal
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    TT Nat Champ? Is that Dowsett at the moment?
  • JGSI wrote:
    Mouth wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:

Not him , Colin represents Ireland , and last time I saw him, still using a Cervelo on the road...
    http://www.paralympic.org/blog/colin-lynch-shot-glory

Is it just me at 06:25am after little sleep that I read that site as 'Colin-lynch-glory-shot' and thought that is highly inappropriate to put on a site like this?!? :D

Sorry.. Very tired!!!