New forks and wheels for Ragley Piglet

twonks
twonks Posts: 352
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
After a week in Wales (3 miles from CYB), the wife and I have now got out 13yr old daughter very much into mtb'ing. (so much so that she batters me around the Minotour trail :oops: )

The long shot is that I'll be donating the wheels and forks from my Piglet to her new steed and am looking to replace them.

I have finally sorted the riding position and style to the tune that I like the Piglet and am thinking of some 120 or 130mm forks and light ish wheels

For a combined £500 or so I am ebbing towards the SS Switch EVO on Stans Crests @ £200 and maybe Reba 120mm maxle forks from merlin/ on-one.

Any thoughts on choices. Main criteria is performance and a light front end as I have a pet hate for heavy forks.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Sounds like a good combo - though consider a shortened Revelation too for extra stiffness. Depends how hard you ride and how heavy though - if riding hard then a heavier, harder hitting fork might be a better option. After all the frame is no feather weight!
  • twonks
    twonks Posts: 352
    I'm taking to an attitude of riding the Piglet hard and fast.

The main reason for this (apart from helping the young un) is that as sad as it sounds, after a week of riding around CYB trails on my Superlight - I think man made trails are better suited to a hard riding bike like the Piglet can be.

Whilst nothing beats cycling in general, and open moors etc are my best riding, I also like the ease of being guided round various sections that trail centres bring.

So for this the Piglet will be used and may even go to flat grippy pedals :lol:

I am heavy at 100Kg (will be 70 to 80 eventually) so the Revs could be good.