343b164174a5bc29719f2815e539fe5e.jpg

15086d4d7e568865c3372d8beba172fd.jpg

a8772736ff947466a93929ecbdeeda9f.jpg

Comments

• f0e38da95a95d4d411c52d540356ff20.jpg

Bit manky when it got home...
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I like that a lot, perspective in the last photo makes it look like a hot-rod.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
  • warpcow wrote:
    Yep, very white. Looks capable though.

Is that up Dumyat?

Yes, less than an hour from my door to the top!
  • euans2
    euans2 Posts: 43
    Awesome bike..... Fallen out with any Audi loving mates yet? I've not
  • euans2 wrote:
    Awesome bike..... Fallen out with any Audi loving mates yet? I've not

Nope lol
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    Top choice of bike :D
    I wanted a white one but couldn't wait the extra month at the time!
  • Woody80 wrote:
    Top choice of bike :D
    I wanted a white one but couldn't wait the extra month at the time!

Bit gutted, you can get a es8 for under 2000 now but love the bike, really capable and flew this morning down steep/ rough stuff
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Yes, less than an hour from my door to the top!

Bit closer than I used to be. Rode up there quite regularly, years ago. Mostly kept to the main trail up from the Sheriffmuir road, but I bet there's more interesting stuff now that the bikes have come along a bit. I always remember there being a super steep looking trail that pretty much followed the fall-line straight down into Menstrie(?), but it looked way too difficult back then.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Looks great! I was seriously considering getting one of those a while back.

Just a quick tip: You need to clamp the bike into your workstand using the fixed part of the reverb(the part under the silver collar). You may need to pull the post out of the frame a bit to do this. If you dont it can cause all kinds of issues with the reverb.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Liking the look off those Canyons especially in white :)
  • M_rift04
    M_rift04 Posts: 504
    Wow, I've never seen this in a white colour scheme, it looks very flashy man, very nice. Hard to keep clean but different. Which model did you go for?

On some of the pics it looks like its running 29ers,
  • The es 7, was hard enough explaining to the wife bike 5 was another 2k.....

Love it to bits, the attention to detail is amazing,

the frame is so slung back it's like riding a chopper lol

my genesis owning mate Liked it so much he just bought one too!
  • Got fed up of the fat Alberts after 2 rides, just no grip in the wet at all, back to default high rollers now and happier!
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Got fed up of the fat Alberts after 2 rides, just no grip in the wet at all, back to default high rollers now and happier!

I think the Fat Albert on the front of my Nerve is great, if a little hard work to push up hills; only had one "moment" on it and I think I'd have had that whatever tyre I was running.
  • after back to back rides on the same route I have concluded that the alberts are not quite as gripy, the high rollers gave me far better lateral grip and a more instant turn in, however the Alberts roll much better and are less "draggy" I am keeping them for dry/trail centres and the rollers for wetter/more natural routes
  • That's a lovely looking bike steve_muzzy.
    I am looking for a longer travel replacement for my Camber that was stolen a month back and am tempted by one of these. What does it pedal like compared to other bikes you have ridden? I am a little concerned with pedal bob and it being a beast to drag up the climbs, so any feedback you have would be really apprecciated.

Thanks mate.

Ben
  • Hi Ben
    - thanks for the comments, appreciate

its got pro pedal on the shock and has very limited bob, the front fork has talas so you can wind it down to 120mm travel, basically this thing climbs far better than it has any reason to, even to the point of being as capable as my 22lbs stumpjuper race bike (but with more effort lol)

It is heavy though and gets tiring after a while but overall I would say do it!

The ES9 comes in white with shiny hope wheels too!
  • Thanks for the info.
    Looks like I'll be waiting until early next year for any purchase as after having 4 bikes stolen and with our 2nd kiddie about to drop I was reined in by The Mrs and plumped for a cheap (relatively speaking) hardtail as a stop-gap.

My shortlist is something like... Stumpjumper EVO, Zesty 514 and now the Canyon's have grabbed my attention as the spec is incredible for the price. I mainly ride local trails, woods, etc with ventures to UK trail centres once a month and a trip to The Alps once a year, so the proverbial "do-it-all" bike is what I'm after.

I'll let you know how I get on and keep us posted on how the Strive is performing.
  • b04e55d8ed27e4314368f480325f214b.jpg

5b4244b71e7162a91e081912eaac401e.jpg

Mate bought the es8 in black, it's got a slightly better fork and Xt where mine has slx plus upgraded wheels, can't wait to get hem both out on the trail