dan man Posts: 68
edited August 2012 in MTB general
what size suspension front and back would you recommed for gravity enduro :?:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    It all depends on the bike.

Would not a better wuestion be

What bike for Gravity enduro? And ask it in the buying advice section.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • 140-180mm front and/or rear.

Depends on the course, but depends more on the rider.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Gravity enduro meaning you dont have to pedal up to the start? But might have to pedal sections of the downs a la Megavalanche?

I guess as CWNT says as much os as little as you can egta way with on the course at your skill level - seems to me 150-160 is ideal to fit multi events rather than having a bike set for one that wouldnt work at another though.

What bike do you have or are you looking at?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • chazkayak
    chazkayak Posts: 193
    140-180 is a bit of a wide range.........I think it would depend on a few factors:
    1, Course your riding
    2, Weight of rider
    3, Type of riding you do
    4, How you ride (can you handle the energy sapping long travel!!), fitness I suppose

and many more questions I cant pose cause I am a mere mortal!!!!!!
  • dan man
    dan man Posts: 68
    thanks for feed back. im 80 kg six four xc rider in ok shape. really just wondering would i get away with a 100 back 120 front sus .only thinkin of doin one or two enduro events next year.i will prob use this bike for more xc.
  • You can get away with riding pretty much anything if you want to. Guys ride DH tracks on XC bikes all the time. You'll almost certainly not win, and you may find some sections are harder on you than other guys, but you can still do it.

Most of these courses (as far as I can tell) tend to be mainly trail centre type descents, some red, some black, and then some additional off-piste stuff.