Enough Lighting?

CyclingObsession
CyclingObsession Posts: 314
edited August 2012 in Commuting general
I want to know if I have enough lighting to be seen for city commuting and for riding in groups for training nghts during the winter, or do I need to buy an additional light? I am in a very well light area 98% of the time.

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    TBH, those pictures aren't much use because there's no reference for the brightness, a long exposure or high iso will make any light look bright.

The photos are also pretty undecipherable, but are those two fibre flares on the seatstays? I'd want somehing higher TBH.

FWIW, during the light months I use a Smart 25 lux front light on flash and a Cateye LD610 on flash/strobe/random.

During the dark months I have a Fibre Flare on my backpack, the Cateye or a Smart R1 on the seatpost along with a Magicshine MJ818. I've also got a Knog Frog Strobe that can go on the back of my helmet. On the front I have a white Frog Strobe on my helmet and a Magicshine MJ872 nuclear reactor.

I don't have all of the rear lights on at once, but it's nice to have the backups and to be able to give myself some 'height' on the road, rather than just a spot of light.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."