DiamondBack Outlook FS 2012?

Lawrie0523
Lawrie0523 Posts: 12
edited December 2013 in MTB buying advice
I've found one of these for £315. The spec looks pretty good but it sounds too good to be true, a full suspension bike for well under £500.

Does anyone have any experience of them? I can't find any reviews for the 2012 model.

The specs are listed as:
The Diamond Back Outlook FS 2012 Features are:

Frame: 7005 series alloy, single pivot full suspension frame

Rear Shock: Coil

Fork: Suntour XCT V2

Stem: Diamondback

Speed: 21

Front Mech: Shimano

Rear Mech: Shimano

Front Brake: Mechanical disc 160mm

Rear Brake: Mechanical disc 160mm

Rims: Alloy Diamondback doublewall

Front Hub: Alloy

Rear Hub: Alloy

Tyres: 26 x 2.35 MTB Front 26 x 2.35 MTB Rear.

I'm still looking for a more detailed list.

Comments

• waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    I wouldn't bother with a FS for such a low price.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    waby1234 wrote:
    I wouldn't bother with a FS for such a low price.
    this exactly, probably the cheapest "real" full susser you will find is this http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-91-id_8170096.html , anything that is like the outback just isn't really up to the job
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Forget the price, it's either a bargain or not, in this case not, the XCT is a horrible fork, the rear shock just says coil so (like the forks) probably has no damping at all, it's 21 speed (not a good sign these days), the basic Diamondback wheels are mega heavy and it has cable discs where an HT at this price would be on hydro's.

Look elsewhere.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Ok, thanks for the help I'll bin that idea then!

Anybody got any suggestions of a good HT for the same sort of money?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Decathlon Rockrider 5.3.
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    i have the RR9.1 but last years model and when i bought it just as the new one was coming into stock i got it for 600quid so might be worth while phoning up your local decathlon and asking for a price for this years model now that the 2013 will be coming any time now.might already be in unless they arent changing it...
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • all of this is rubbish! i've had outlook fs for 7 years now and it is far more decent than any similarly priced bike. it was never meant for racing or full-on downhill etc. but in 7 years and probably as many thousand miles nothing ever broke, on or off road! it's sturdy and not at all heavy. i don't like the wheels, but it is not true that they are heavy. don't let the marketing hype brain-wash you! most bicycles only cost one tenth to produce of what you are paying for them! in the case of outlook fs you simply don't overpay. that's all.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    So yours is the 2005 version? What has that got to do with the 2012 version which is totally different?