hi new person not really sure what I am doing /i am new to this forum, I have placed an advert harry hall racing bike 21" frame & its been locked people cannot post replies whats this ?
I there something I am doing wrong, please can someone let me know. :?
Cheers Martin

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    I would imagine it didn't follow the rules for that part of the forum...
  • I would imagine it didn't follow the rules for that part of the forum...
    hi what can i do to unlock then thanks
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    Take a look at the classified rules here: viewtopic.php?f=40081&t=12794868

and repost in light of them.
  • Take a look at the classified rules here: viewtopic.php?f=40081&t=12794868

So because this is on ebay you lock it, is this right?
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Take a look at the classified rules here: viewtopic.php?f=40081&t=12794868

You could try reading the rules
    Ebay sales are allowed. Please put Ebay in the topic heading. These will be then locked as your transaction will be on Ebay.
  • Take a look at the classified rules here: viewtopic.php?f=40081&t=12794868

You could try reading the rules
    Ebay sales are allowed. Please put Ebay in the topic heading. These will be then locked as your transaction will be on Ebay.
    have, seems no point as to repost advert as it gets locked anyhow
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    You post the link to ebay to give people the heads up that you're selling the thing on ebay - but in terms of people asking you questions about the items etc - well, that can all be done through ebay - that's all.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • TommyEss wrote:
    You post the link to ebay to give people the heads up that you're selling the thing on ebay - but in terms of people asking you questions about the items etc - well, that can all be done through ebay - that's all.
    yes thats right what you are saying but with the advert locked seems to me it would just get lost further & further down the page, or can I keep reposting the advert every day? Thanks for the help
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Well - there's a different forum ruling about "bumping" threads to keep them at the top of the list... I don't think there's anything against you starting a new post every day...

Most people normally try and sell directly through the forum, at least in the first instance, and then say something like "If it's not gone in a week I'll put it on ebay" - that way they might get a bit of discussion going before it ends up on ebay.

I dunno - the forum's main purpose isn't sales, so it's a helpful feature that you can, but I don't see much of a way around it to be honest.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • TommyEss wrote:
    Well - there's a different forum ruling about "bumping" threads to keep them at the top of the list... I don't think there's anything against you starting a new post every day...

Most people normally try and sell directly through the forum, at least in the first instance, and then say something like "If it's not gone in a week I'll put it on ebay" - that way they might get a bit of discussion going before it ends up on ebay.

I dunno - the forum's main purpose isn't sales, so it's a helpful feature that you can, but I don't see much of a way around it to be honest.
    ok thanks for your help
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    TommyEss wrote:
    yes there is.

read the rules.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown