Bike lending - theory test passed, now the practical

dhope
dhope Posts: 6,699
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
So, off the back of the 'would you lend your bike' thread recently where people unanimously (well, a few) said they might lend their non-best-bike...

I'm doing a sprint tri with a friend next weekend. Friend isn't new to cycling but only has a Brompton. I have my Boardman which I'll be riding and my fixed gear which isn't very race friendly. Another mate offered to lend his Allez but sounds like he's away with it next weekend now.

So... does anyone have anything decent with drops and gears for someone around 5'10" that they would consider lending for a week. Big boys rules - you break it, you bought it - of course.
Rose Xeon CW Disc
CAAD12 Disc
Condor Tempo

Comments

• vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    If desperate, I have 13.5kg of French pig-iron with 10 gears, at least 3 of which work.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I've got a 56cm carbon w/ aluminium lugs frame and fork. You'll need wheels and some other bits like a drivetrain.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,677
    Just fit some clip-on tri bars on the Brompton, a few Zipp logos on it somewhere and you'll probably sell it for a profit on the day.

Could be fun, especially if your mate can ride a bit. How bad would you make someone feel if you coasted past them into the transition zone on a Brompton!?!?!??
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Not sure he's quite quick enough yet to embarrass people on his Brompton. Good level of fitness just not bike fitness yet.
    Much appreciated Vermin, have managed to sort a Raleigh Airlite with tiagra from a mate at work that should see him right.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo