Blenheim 100 mile Sportive

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
Anyone do this last year? I'm riding it on Sunday. There seems to be a hill right after a food stop. That's a bit evil isn't it? :o
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• simona75
    simona75 Posts: 336
    I did it last year, iirc there are only a couple of hills of note and the rest is rolling or flat, lovely scenery and well organised. The first mile is on the palace's own road which is quite narrow and if it's busy it can get quite crowded.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Does anyone have an unwanted entry to 60/100 miler? Just arrived in the Cotswolds and this is on my doorstep...

Thanks.
    Rich
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    Myself, the enemy and my neighbour are just about to set off this in a few minutes, looking forward to it.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    Just got back form doing the 60 miler. Fantastic well organised event, great routes, 2 food/drink stations, very good marshals at the main junctions amd lots to see at the cycle village.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • Peddle Up!
    I really enjoyed the ride. An unexpected bonus was riding down hills I'd ridden up on the Great Shakespeare Ride. But I didn't enjoy riding up hills I'd ridden down on the GSR. :(
  • triboy222
    triboy222 Posts: 217
    Best one yet I reckon. Great weather and lots more at the Palace to see and do as well. Really enjoyed it.
  • Der Kaiser
    Der Kaiser Posts: 172
    One thing that did dissapoint me was the reception at the end.

No Goody bag and the medal was handed to me in it's plastic wrapping.

Having said that it was a challenging course with some loooooonnngggg slow climbs that nearly broke me. The rest stops were very well stocked and the stewards were great.
  • Peddle Up!
    Der Kaiser wrote:

Having said that it was a challenging course with some loooooonnngggg slow climbs that nearly broke me. The rest stops were very well stocked and the stewards were great.

Good point, the GSR had the advantage there with a barbeque, free massage (six tables, I think) and the medal put around your neck, as is only fit and proper.

Did you enjoy the two climbs out of Winchcombe? :twisted:
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    It was a great ride (60 mile route), very little traffic, was very impressed with the route and already looking forward to it next year.

Was also impressed with the event after the ride, lots to see and do.

My only downpoint was the confusion with the female marshal on the crossroads directing the sportive riders left, when the signs pointed straight on and the gpx file also showed we went off course. She sent us 2 miles off course and the "fast" group around 5 miles. She did apologise though.

All in all a great day.
  • Der Kaiser
    Der Kaiser Posts: 172
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    Der Kaiser wrote:

Good point, the GSR had the advantage there with a barbeque, free massage (six tables, I think) and the medal put around your neck, as is only fit and proper.

Did you enjoy the two climbs out of Winchcombe? :twisted:

I enjoyed all the climbs more thanI enjoy a trip to the dentist.

The service riders and Mavic Car were very busy from what I could see. Often surprised at how many people have mechanicals on sportives.

Given the conditions I think it would have been a good idea for some water to have been left with some of the stewards and not only for the riders it was hot for the stewards out there.