Charity Coast to Coast

brindlescoops
brindlescoops Posts: 465
edited August 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hi,

I am organising a charity coast to coast ride for March next year. Most of the riders are reasonably regular so i want to do it in 3 days or 50 to 60 miles per day to keep it reasonable.

The question is, which is the best route. We want nice scenery not oo many main roads and also as most people have road bikes, one that hasnt got off road sections. I have searched a number of sites but cant really find the answers to these questions. If any of you have done this it would be great if you could offer any suggestions or advice.

We are almost all based in the south so will have to travel a fair way north to start, I have seen rides ranging from start points of Blackpool to Whitehaven, all are fine.

Many thanks
My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.

Comments

• 2 weeks ago a party of 30 of us rode the Way of The Roses from Morecambe to Bridlington. Lovely quiet route and perfectly suitable for road bikes

We rode 190 miles over 3 days with overnight stops at Malham Youth Hostel and York Racecourse Centre. Cant recommend them highly enough

Our party was a mix of experienced cyclists and people who had only started to ride a bike a few months ago. Everybody found the route to be ok