condor cycles - lovely

samsbike
samsbike Posts: 942
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
Made the mistake of walking into Condor cycles, given that I just work up the road.

Damn its changed in the last 20 years but the clothing was lush and I especially liked the Fratello in the orange they had downstairs. Did a short test ride and it felt lovely, oddly more nimble than my Genesis Equilibrium and I quite liked the more upright position. (however I am running marathon pluses on mine as opposed to gatorskins).

Price of admission seemed high thought at around £1300, and its a shame I got the cycle scheme as well.

Sigh

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    In one sense I'm glad to be moving jobs so that I'm not so near to Condor... god knows how much I've spent while idly mooching around there on a quiet lunchtime.
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    The Fratello is a fantastic bike, which is suitable for so many uses that you only need one bike. However, only owning one bike is SO hard to achieve !!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Greggyr wrote:
    The Fratello is a fantastic bike, which is suitable for so many uses that you only need one bike. However, only owning one bike is SO hard to achieve !!
    I would have to agree! :P
    (See below)
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • samsbike
    samsbike Posts: 942
    Well its difficult to justify given that I already have a genesis equilibrium and the cost to change, a not inconsiderable amount (to me anyway), does not seem worth it. But I did like it a lot
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    samsbike wrote:
    Well its difficult to justify given that I already have a genesis equilibrium and the cost to change, a not inconsiderable amount (to me anyway), does not seem worth it. But I did like it a lot
    I find it easier to buy first and justify later. I am not married however which may make this thought process less painful.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Medders
    Medders Posts: 152
    yup fratello is a properly lovely bike. Prefer riding it to the cervelo on anything other than alpine climbs!

Mind you I have had loads of unexplainable grief from my 105 front mech on it - 4 broken mechs in 2 years. Never had to replace or repair a front mech on any other bike. Strange.

Riding:
    Canyon Nerve AL9.9 2014
    Honda CBR600f 2013
    Condor Fratello 2010
    Cervelo RS 2009
    Specialized Rockhopper Pro 2008
  • 3 weeks till I get my Fratello :) Condor is lovely but a dangerous place to go with your wallet :)
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I am relocating to within 50 metres of Condor in the next few weeks, so will be trying to exert some self-control. I'm not mad about their frames to be honest, from an aesthetic viewpoint, but I am missing a genuine Steel Framed cruiser/tourer from my current stable.......oh dear!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"