London To Paris

Warwickshire Whizzer
edited August 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hi All,

Setting off on L2P with a few friends in mid September (note the group organised through here, but starting a day earlier)

We've plugged the classical London to Dover (Folkestone actually as we have a van and are supported!), Calais to Amiens and Amiens to Paris route.

I was wondering if people had any recommendations for cafe stops/lunch stops on the route French side? Or is it so bountiful you need not worry?

I'm only nervous to get some stops roughed in as I was nearly lynched by the boys on the coast to coast last year for not planning any stops!

Cheers!

Comments

• The second day from Calais to Amiens is the best day in the saddle I've ever had. Coming out of calais through crater strewn hill sides, now grassed over but easily recognisable. Followed buy a lovely descent of switchbacks.
    Make sure you bypass Amiens war cemetery and spend some time there. We were all in awe and very humbled by it. You also ride an old roman road and go through Crecy a major point in history if you know your Agincourt stuff.

Obviously this is if you do a similar route to us.

As for cafe stops we didn't do that just went with the flow, plus we had organised our own support vehicle which carried water and bits for us.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Cheers.

We have a support van (a mate with a van) so can fill up on mars bars, flapjacks and water a plenty, but will need coffee!

I'll enjoy the Amiens leg!