The power of the bike

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
Theres a road literally 1 minute from my hoose, which is ok but looking a bit weathered - I noticed recently workmen had painted markings around the worse bits, obviously intending to mend them - mmmm but why now I thought - its been in a state for ages....then I found the answer.....stage 2 of the tour of britain comes our way on the 10th - literally 1 min from our hoose. Not that i'm complaining, should be super smooth - Now if only I can convince the council to tarmac the rest of my loop. :D
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Might be worth chucking your name in the hat for marshalling volunteer if it is that close. I did this last year and managed to do a hill top south of Bristol (J T-L won it) and it was great fun. The freebie bag was excellent too: couple of decent DVDs, some gels, water, freebies, etc. I am signed up for the Welsh leg this year (err, not riding it in the Tour though).
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I hope you've got your tacks ready. Feckin' cyclists getting the roads closed! Who the hell do they think they are?
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Stage 2 comes past my gaff as well-literally,just outside.Unfortunately I`m in John O` Groats at the end of Lejog.Good luck to them as the road is terrible,but last week they threw some tarmac into the bigger holes-if you listen carefully you can still hear the echo.Mrs Nevman will be outside with some cans of Coke,first aid kit ready as there is a sharp 90 degree bend at the bottom of the hill.Presumably Cleat, they are keeping the lions indoors that day??
    Will be catching up with them on the Thursday at Gun Hill if anyone else fancies it?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    cleat where abouts are you?

i might volunteer my self but im not leaving the safety of my south Liverpool retreat
    Keeping it classy since '83