Orange Crush for 2013?

shm_uk
shm_uk Posts: 683
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone know whether Orange are including the Crush frame in their 2013 range?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Try emailing Orange. They might know best
  • Eyeballs
    Eyeballs Posts: 22
    I'd be keen to know this too! Might be in the market ;)

I see they have some of the 2013 models on Stif already.
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    Try emailing Orange. They might know best

I finally managed to find an email address for Orange so have sent a question ...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Carrier pigeon might work better.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    cooldad wrote:

Not these days. Yorkshire has broadband now....
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    cooldad wrote:

Not these days. Yorkshire has broadband now....
    and it took you how long to find that out ? the fumes from the apples down there must be stronger than anyone thought :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Lucero
    Lucero Posts: 10
    I rang orange at the start of Aug. Traditionally they have thier Crush's out around July but no sign of it then. When I rang them that said start of September. I've been an Orange Customer for 5 years now (had a new Crush nearly every year). They've sent me one as pre-order. Hopefully get it on Friday :)
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    I know we've been told that the brakes and forks are being 'downgraded' for the 2013m.y., but is there any clue as to what fork they're going to be using?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Lucero
    Lucero Posts: 10
    Only the stock bike will be downgraded (actually, as per 2012). The good forks (and now brakes) will become an optional upgrade :)
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Lucero wrote:
    . . . I've been an Orange Customer for 5 years now (had a new Crush nearly every year). . .

What on Earth are you doing to them? They should last longer than that . . .
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Black
    Black Posts: 172
    I would say the crush would be there best selling hard tail followed by the P7
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Lucero wrote:
    Only the stock bike will be downgraded (actually, as per 2012). The good forks (and now brakes) will become an optional upgrade :)
    so the punters will actually be paying more for what will be last years bike then :lol:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Giraffoto wrote:
    Lucero wrote:
    . . . I've been an Orange Customer for 5 years now (had a new Crush nearly every year). . .

What on Earth are you doing to them? They should last longer than that . . .

That is insanity personified. A new bike every year of the same type when the bike doesnt change year on year! A company's dream customer.

The bike has gone from 1000 quid in 2008 to 1500 quid in 2013 with lower or identical range components - thats inflationary pressure right there. Call it a 8% increase per year. I am not saying Orange are worse than others for this by the way.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.