Protect your Bubble - Bike Insurance

Duncanandthemachine
Duncanandthemachine Posts: 263
edited March 2013 in The cake stop
Has anyone used 'Protect your Bubble' for bike insurance?

Policies appear to work out about £40 a year, which seems rather too good to be true...

Comments

• PYB2009
    PYB2009 Posts: 1
    Hello Duncanandthemachine

Pleased to hear you are considering Protect your bubble for your bicycle insurance. I would advise you throughly read our policy terms and conditions so that you clear and happy with them, enabling you to make an informed decision. If you have any questions I am happy to help.

Thanks
    Corinne
    Protect your bubble

You can find the latest version of our T&C's for bicycle insurnace here:http://uk.protectyourbubble.com/bicycle-insurance/documents.html?docId=29
  • The quote I got was in line with the usual 10-15% of the value of the bike that everyone else quotes - if anything higher, rather than lower, than the norm.
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • nickellis
    nickellis Posts: 239
    Same here, no £40 quote here.
    Trek 1.1c (2012) - For commuting
    Trek Madone 5.5c (2010) - For pleasure http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o62 ... G_0413.jpg
  • NITR8s
    NITR8s Posts: 688
    try and get it on your house insurance, Ive got mine with churchill who will insure up to £2k worth bikes for about £1 a month extra than my normal house insurance.
  • Apparently Protect your bubble working with the guide lines: we’ll take your money, if everything is ok we’ll keep the money if something happened we’ll make sure you’ll get nothing! My two bikes: cannondale quick4 and specialized sirrius sport have been stollen from our private access garden. The bikes have been stored in the wooden bike shed locked with two good quality disc padlocks. Thieves have access to the bikes by ripping of steel hasps from the wooden construction of the shed. Protect your bubble declined my claim because my padlocks are not 5 lever padlocks. My padlocks are 7 level security and have NOT been opened or damaged during the burglary. Protect your bubble use NOT valid reason to decline my claim. I’ll see solicitor to help me challenge them. I’m out of pocket more than £1200 and out of the road for more than 3 months. Bad experience.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Reports are that people who have used them for phone insurance are less than happy.
    You only know how good an insurance company is after a claim. Basing on premium alone is a recipe for disaster.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    It is common that many insurance companies decline as a matter of course and hope that the majority write it off as a bad experience. It is always worth fighting as more often than not they will then buckle.
    I crashed my sports car in 2009 and the insurance company wouldnt pay me out, they used a bull$**t reason and wouldnt buckle, the claim was for a substantial amount but in the end I had nowhere to turn and so asked for all of my documents back which they sent through, inside was a folder with the words "not to be sent to the claimant" on the cover, inside was what I needed for the claim to have proceeded, for legal reasons I cant go into the actual facts but I called them and was paid out the same day, that was 7 months AFTER the crash !
    Living MY dream.