the invisible Helmet.

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Very clever indeed. Assuming the testing backs up any safety claims then they deserve to make a lot of money out of it, and I'd happily have one.
    Once the price drops below £400 :D Maybe at £100. And probably £50 for mass market appeal. Still, great idea.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    I'd worked out the price differently. 4,000 sek at 8 seks to the euro is about £160 isn't it ?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Twostage wrote:
    I'd worked out the price differently. 4,000 sek at 8 seks to the euro is about £160 isn't it ?
    If only. 500 EUR is not £160, I'd commute from the Alps if it were :wink:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    currently 380 quidish.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    dhope wrote:
    Twostage wrote:
    If only. 500 EUR is not £160, I'd commute from the Alps if it were :wink:
    Yep, too much wine for the maths section of my brain. :oops:
  • Looks like it has greater coverage ie much closer to full face than normal XC/roadie helmet, and looks like it blows out to much bigger size, which in terms of slowing impacts down is a good thing.

Not sure about the market TBH.

roadie well they want to look like Fromedog/wiggo
    MTBers the design isn't likely to work well there, ie either overreacting or not triggering.
    hybrid ladies - blokes on hybrids are unlikely to spend that much.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    bit of a large collar around the neck though.. how comfortable is that during the summer?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • bit of a large collar around the neck though.. how comfortable is that during the summer?

I guess it depend how heavy it is as well?
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    edited August 2012
    i likes it

i dunno if i would buy one though that material around the neck looks like an old pair of jim jams
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Clever idea, but pointless, as haven't the helmet deniers convinced us that there's no such thing as head trauma from cycling accidents ;)