Trek Fuel EX 8, good honest advice.

jonny2773
jonny2773 Posts: 56
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

Im looking to buy myself a shiney new bike next month and fancy the Trek Fuel ex8. As of yet i dont know if im going to go with the current model at a discounted price or the new 2013 model which my LBS is awaiting conformation on specs/colour and release date.

Basically i think ive made my mind up and ive a quick ride around on one and the bike seems wells balanced and fits me like a glove, so i dont want to hear about other bikes around the same price bracket and how much you love your bikes, all though im sure your advice would be sound and you really do love your bikes. :wink:

What im really looking for is the pro's and con's if there are any from people that actually own this bike, with some proper honest opinions.

I know i said earlier that i think i have made my mind up, but im still not sure if i should go for a Stumpy, im 75/25 towards the Trek though. :roll:

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• irvs
    irvs Posts: 204
    I'd like to know as well please, as the fuel is on my next bike research list.

Neil.
  • The 2013 spec is listed here http://www.cooksoncycles.co.uk/mountain ... -ex-8-2013

I'd stick with the 2012 one if you can get it at a good price.
  • tc3nitro
    tc3nitro Posts: 82
    I have just bought a 2012 Stumpjumper Comp.......
    Having come from a 2009 Fuel Ex8.
    The Stumpy climbs far better and the Autosag setup feature of the Stumpy makes it a doddle to setup. I find i get less pedal bob whilst climbing on the stumpy too so can just leave the shock in 'Pro Pedal' mode 90% of the time.

All in all the stumpy for ME feels a lot nicer ride and far more refined.

Although the Trek was a really really nice bike, the Stumpy just feels that little bit better.