Deluge!!

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
That was fun! The wettest I've got on a commute I reckon. Heavens properly opened as I reached Pudsey. On the way through the far side is one of the few flat parts of the route. The road was a river. Thank god for cruds and sealed bearings as those are my only hope for non-washed out bearings. After the dip (lake) I thought things would be better on the following climb but there was a river there as well. I could hardly see where I was going.

When I got home I'd probably have been able to dry off a bit by having a bath. My shoes weighed about twice what they normally do.

It was FUN! :lol:
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    You're weird :wink:

Started raining for me about 20 mins before I set off, then REALLY p'ed down as I set off, then stopped just as I arrived home.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Blue skies and fluffy clouds down here
  • Paul E wrote:
    Blue skies and fluffy clouds down here
    Not at lunchtime it wasn't... bucketed down with thunderstorm... for about 10mins at least :lol: ride home waas warm n sunny if a tad windy :)
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    the disused railway line i ride along was like a canal last night all the water had flowed onto the track an flooded it, it was super smashing great

the same track flooded years ago when a water main burst, the water was that deep it went over the handlebars on my Kona Stinky
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Yeah we got a proper down pour in Derby, most of the afternoon was raining and dark! Lashed it down over Pride Park. I left the bike at home and was glad I wasn't cycling home as I didn't have lights or any waterproofs or a rear guard (cos it broke)...
    Glad you all had fun though!
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    You do know that this is not normal, don't ya?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike