Filter Bubbles

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
thought this was quite interesting.

http://dontbubble.us/

i searched for munters and now have many more friend :D
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    looks good
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Very interesting, Cleat.

Surely this is only indicative of what has been happening in our lives for years with or without the internet.

Subconsciously we naturally select affiliations and social experiences or events that confer with our own view and which in turn validate or support it.

I d like to think that theres nothing sinister going on here, its not a form of Conditioning or brain washing but just a database that is very adept at being efficient by working on prior knowledge of you.

On the other hand it is symptomatic of the homogenisation of everything , and as you point out there is no development or debate in living in a world which always confers with or reinforces your view or experiences.

I think the only answer to this is to spend vast amounts of the day on COMMUTING CHAT, but then every time I do elsewhere on the internet the search engine just directs me to " Im a Sad Bastard.com"
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    It would be benign if it were not for the fact that it is commercially driven. As soon as people like Assange start extracting and using stuff via or by the internet - boooom, all the protectorates of some very dodgy happenings come crawling out from under the woodwork panicking, no?

There is the 'dark' net and some of my friends use it but because I need the 'mainstream' use of the net, I do not know whether or not I can cross the divide at will without compromising internet security. They use lime wire and stuff that makes my AVG goes ballistic if I try to access it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Pinarello 001 Congrats "Sophie Rhianna born 07/08/12 at 6.04am weighing 7lbs12oz "

Same Birthday as my little girl Grace, 07/08/08 if her mother could have held on for an extra 6 hours she would have been very lucky to a China Man 08/08/08.

All the best to you and the family :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    tim wand wrote:
    Pinarello 001 Congrats "Sophie Rhianna born 07/08/12 at 6.04am weighing 7lbs12oz "

Same Birthday as my little girl Grace, 07/08/08 if her mother could have held on for an extra 6 hours she would have been very lucky to a China Man 08/08/08.

All the best to you and the family :D

Lol. Cheers Fella, good luck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!