Broken myself..again!

kathg
kathg Posts: 142
edited August 2012 in Health, fitness & training
Feeling all sorry for myself.. sat here with my leg ice-packed and elevated, looking out the window at the pissing rain :cry: Just got back from a fantastic two weeks riding in France and on second last day came off and broke fibula...daaamn it!!
Wouldn't be so bad but I'd been on crutches most of winter following foot surgery in January, fought really hard to get fitness back for summer of fun, riding and racing, just about managed to achieve a reasonable level of fitness again when this happens. So, here we go again... at least I'm still handy on crutches and my arms will get continuous workout! For me though, aerobic fitness is very hard won and I'm dreading another 6 weeks off my bike. Any suggestions for one legged, aerobic exercise? I'm a crap swimmer but maybe that would be good (no plaster cast to worry about)??
Anyone else sat at home a bit broken and a lot bored?

KathG

Comments

• t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Swimming wouldn't be bad. Grab yourself a pull buoy which will raise your legs up and swim away.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Such bad luck Kath :(

I guess swimming is your friend now...!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc