Macclesfield Forest DH

Proutster
Proutster Posts: 785
edited August 2012 in Your pics and vids
Here's a quick edit of last night's couple of hours on the bottom section of Macclesfield Forest DH tracks.

God I look slow and I was convinced that I was getting massive air!! How embarrassing :oops:

Macc Forest DH

Comments

• DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Don't worry, the camera's trick you.... When you going again?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Nice. How does Macc Forest compare to Stile Cop?
  • Proutster
    DodgeT wrote:
    Don't worry, the camera's trick you.... When you going again?

Was there on Sunday morning, did a bit of work clearing some poor drainage then cemented in a post (for one of the chains) that some knobheads had pulled out.

Then did 3 runs from the fire-road to the bottom following (or should I say "trying to follow") a guy called Stally who was on his first ride there for 5 weeks after puncturing his kidney on the top section - he said he was taking it easy.....I started off 10 seconds after him then didn't see him again until the bottom, where he was sat on his bike with his helmet off. I think he'd brewed up and had a cuppa as well :oops:

The next runs I started off at the same time as him and was able to follow a bit to pick up his lines - was good to follow him over the large gap drop as well, I've never had the cajones to do that before but seeing someone in front of you do it, made it seem easy - and it was!! I'll set up the camera for that one next time and the large jump before the stream-crossing, that might look a little more impressive..
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Nice. How does Macc Forest compare to Stile Cop?

It makes the Red run at Stile Cop seem like child's play, much steeper, big drops, big jumps, big gaps - and lots of roots & rocks. It's great fun though, although I do seem to come off almost every trip.

I'm just in the process of getting a key so that I can unlock the chains, when that's sorted the 3 of us will have to spend a day there. AB - when do you go back to Uni?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Sounds good. I'm around until mid september, no idea of exact dates yet unfortunately. Doing naff all at the moment though so definitely up for a ride.
  • Need to pop up your way next with the big bike, looks fun!
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    I'm up for a day playing there too, or evening, just let us know when.
  • Proutster
    Need to pop up your way next with the big bike, looks fun!

Sounds good, it's only a 15 minute push-up to the fire-road at the half-way point (OK, it's a pretty steep push but it's not too bad), so can get lots of runs in.

Next time I'm up there I'm going to spend some time on the top section (that I've not even been on yet) as I'm told that drains much better, so it's the favourite for the winter.

Let's have a chat about it on Thursday evening and maybe arrange a weekend in the autumn? XC in the Peaks on Saturday and DH in Macc Forest on Sunday?
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    Need to pop up your way next with the big bike, looks fun!

Give us a shout next time your up dude and we'll go play out

Vid from last time i was up there just a shame my riding didn't make the video just background shots
    http://vimeo.com/47100898
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?