The Wednesday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited August 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

Knackered this morning. Don't know why, I think I slept ok.

Getting on with making images for the Macs at work. It's a bit dull, but just something to put some music on and get on with. I just wish people would stop interrupting me :roll:
Must remember to send off that Shimano chainring!

Hopefully will get out on a 2 wheeled contraption later to give the legs a good spin.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning team,

no idea why i am up this early! maybe the pain in my calf muscle, think i have torn it, no idea how as never felt it go, it is just dead painful to walk on/stretch it! Will pop to the quack for confirmation later! Ho hum!

onwards to food stuffs
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Alright Scuttlers

Long day at work today, although with not that much work involved really, 14 trips to Cardiff bay and a couple up the Valleys ain't too bad really.

Means not a huge amount of time for much else.

Yesterday I did a wheelie in the back alley, I was so proud of myself I'm a big boy now so I can wear big boy

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    hello cunts.

i am being presented with a long service and good conduct medal today by Jools Holland (who is an honoury colonel of my regiment). weird eh!?

this basically this means i will be on the quang all afternoon, i can already feel the hangover.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    ^^^^^^^^^ get some time in smallie!

congrats for lasting this long without getting caught!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    this basically this means i will be on the quang all afternoon, i can already feel the hangover.

Well, at least someones getting p*ssed on my earnings! :lol:

Mornin' window lickers.

Dreadful nights sleep. Must continue searching for a new job as this one is starting to get on my tits. Colleague #1 handed his resignation in yesterday, and that leaves a signifcant hole in the team. The rot, as they say, has started.

In other news, now awaiting arrival of haribo from Superstar.

Other than that......

Onwards! To coffee! And visits from dignitaries later! wooo. yay. go us.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Morning folks

Yep, good work sheeps...

Thanks to a long day at work yesterday, and the dog deciding 2am, 3am and 4am were all good times to bark at the garden, I am pretty knackered already. Pressure starting to build at work as we take our first major project to a show in approximately 4 weeks!

Roll on October when that is all over and I can get riding again. Seems to be loads of trail building around here at the moment, all officially allowed, but no chance to ride it yet. Might sneak out for an early ride this weekend if it looks good...

Have fun!
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    As it was too nice to stay inside yesterday I finished work early and went out for a spin. After an eight week enforced lay off, due to excessive workloads, it was good to get back out round and about in the lakes again. Today the legs feel a little weary but that’ll soon pass.

Nothing exciting this morning except that it is Wednesday and that is one day nearer to Friday and a weekend of freedom.

Onward to tea and further minion offerings.

Later……
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning,
    I have the auditors in, its just as anoying as having the decorators in but less blood.

Anyway onwards to hide and seek
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

i've already had 2 call outs this morning, don't they realise this is bacon time?!?

not much planned for today. i went for a really good ride last night apart from getting 2 punctures and discovering 3 of my spokes are loose as feck and the wheel is out of true now :x it was a good 23km :lol:

onwards to the end of the day

laters
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Mehning,
    I have the auditors in, its just as anoying as having the decorators in but less blood.

I quite like it when the decorators are in, more so than the bean
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • And the morning has gone downhill..

Waiting for much promised drawings from the designer, about to send 3 guys home because I haven't got any work for them to do. Taking 15 minutes to randomly wander through the forum, look at the "girls" thread and generally chill out before making the phone call...
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    And the morning has gone downhill..

Waiting for much promised drawings from the designer, about to send 3 guys home because I haven't got any work for them to do. Taking 15 minutes to randomly wander through the forum, look at the "girls" thread and generally chill out before making the phone call...

You're avatar appears to have a horse stood on the front of a boat?

anyway, Morning All

Today in sunny Morzine we're off to try out some cable way strung between mountain tops. Looks like you get into a sleeping bag attach yourself to a plate with rollers in and scoot across the valley 100+ meters in the air for about 1/2 a kilometer or so.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Richie63 wrote:
    You're avatar appears to have a horse stood on the front of a boat?

Ah, that would be mast, boom and sail... But now you mention it, I can just about see how it could look like a horse...

That wire thing sound properly silly... I want a go! How do you stop? Or does the sleeping bag conveniently pack you for burial as you hit the facing slope at 50mph?
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    MEH!!
    2 weeks left in Cardiff :cry: and my girlfriend is moving to her new place in somerset on Monday then i'm moving back to my folks for a few months to save some cash so I can afford to be bent over by letting agents in Cardiff.
    Not feeling great about the whole situation but s**t happens. Anyway trying to look busy in work as we're really quiet.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Trying to look busy, failing.
    Dull afternoon of archiving ahead.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    First week back in work after 2 weeks in the Sun on holidays. I'm so fecking pissed off already. Matters made worse because the ball and chain is a teacher so she's home for another 3 weeks. If there's a next life I'm gonna come back as a teacher!

Laters
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Richie63
    Early evening All

Sliding down the wires was great fun. you stop at the bottom via some rope attachment device sliding along as you hit it. Well recommended. :D:D:D

Two runs one of 1.2Km and one of 1.3 Km then cable car back up to the top.You fly along side Chatel bike jumps.
  • Richie63
    http://youtu.be/-xqTpfijwRo

For the wire run at Chatel
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    hello *****.

i am being presented with a long service and good conduct medal today by Jools Holland (who is an honoury colonel of my regiment). weird eh!?

turns out that was a great day.

i met him earlier in the day as i had to present a demonstration of what we will be doing in afghanistan then had to rush to the mess to get in my ginger dancing suit and be presented the medal.

all topped of with a gajillion of booze.