3 day MTB trip... what to take?

Psychotext
Psychotext Posts: 145
edited August 2012 in MTB general
Looking at taking a 3 day MTB trip with a friend as a sort of last hurrah to the summer (ha!) this year. Will be staying in B&B's so I'll have my car but I genuinely have no idea about what I should be taking.

For a normal fairly long ride I'll have a bike (yup!), jacket, pump, first aid kit, camelbak, spare shorts, spare tube, multitool, emergency munchiues, some cables and puncture repair bits and bobs. I'm guessing I'll obviously need spare cycling clothes (three days in one set would be horrific!) and maybe a spare tyre just in case?

Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I'd take a few tubes, a few more tools than you might normally, some changes of gear, extra layers in case weather changes, spare tyre if you have one wouldnt hurt I guess, lid shoes and all that jazz (I went to the beacons once without my spd shoes and had to buy pedals on the way and then had to wear same shoes all weekend which got soaked the first day).

Snacks?

Beer money?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Psychotext
    I guess probably a good idea to bring some shoe spray and some newspaper (to dry them out) too. Wouldn't hurt to have a spare pare of cleats in the car to guess too.

Should probably be fairly well covered for snacks and beer money. :)
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    I'd personally take as much as I can... If you can and have them why not take 2 spare tyres for example? All depends on the terrain you're riding too. Spare gloves so don't have to wear minging gloves etc.
  • Psychotext
    My only problem there is that I've got a tendency to be a little obsessive. I'd end up taking literally everything I could get my hands on... I'd be lucky to move the car. :shock:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    The things I'd strongly recommend are: newspaper for drying your shoes, more riding clothes than you think you need, lots of tubes, a mech hanger if you have 1, a track pump and some tools. Everything else you can wing. Also if you're visiting well know biking areas they'll be shops to pick up emergency supplies :-)
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Tie wraps
    Sticky back plastic
    small can or tube of lube
    Peanut butter M+M's (this is a must)
    Pain killers
    small first aid kit
    Jelly beans (also a must)
    Spare glasses (as someone always looses/breaks a pair)
    Good riding buddies
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Definitely a replacement mech hanger, it amazes me how few people carry one with them.

If you're in your own motor I'd take as much stuff as you can, better safe than sorry. Went up to the Yorkshire Dales last month and took everything... 8)
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • Psychotext
    Yeah, I always have my mech hanger with me in my saddle bag. Didn't enjoy the wait last time I bent one. :(

Unrelated to that, I guess a bottle of smidge wouldn't go amiss either. Don't want to be bitten to death.