LLS - Why no Spring Classic?

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
edited August 2012 in Pro race
As per thread title.

Strong rider capable of a solo attack and holding on for the win. Even FF classes him as a Heavyweight.

So why no Spring Classic? Surely he'd be suited for Paris Roubaix or Flanders maybe a Milan San Remo.

Or am I missing something?
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Can see Lulu having troubles on the cobbles tbf.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    ThomThom wrote:
    Can see Lulu having troubles on the cobbles tbf.

Bike handling suspect?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • I'd be interested in this too.

I'd just assumed it was never a focus of his - but could see him doing something from a small group towards the business end of a race. Would be harder for him than Nick Nuyens to slip under the radar though.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    edited August 2012
    He's usually quite far behind on gc, which is why he's allowed to go in a breakaway in the first place. Wouldn't happen in a big one day race.

Edit:Apart from today
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    When does his contract run out at Rabobank?

He is winning far too many stages/races to be with Rabobank.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Ever wonder why he's always in breaks and pinging off the front?

Doesn't like riding the peloton ;).

----

Joking aside - he's not powerful enough for Hellingen or Roubaix. He does ride the Ardenne classics and used to do a lot of work for Valverde.

Doesn't seem explosive enough for classics - either the short bursts up Ardenne hills, or the even more explosive Hellingen and cobbles.