FAO: Anyone going to North Wales

Nuts4fsr
Nuts4fsr Posts: 1,084
edited August 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Went to Bala for my Bro's Stag do at the weekend.
LOADS of alcohol and meat was consumed. Very little cake. Sorry...
Rednal Karting just outside Oswestry was our entertainment. BEST track I have ever driven.
However......
The road from Bala to Oswestry everyone else followed was the A5. Wrong move. I went B4391 & B4396 and discovered a real gem of driving heaven.

Not only was the road exquisite to drive on with fantastic scenery, it was also freshly roadplaned, partially widened and newly tarmaced. :D

If you get the chance, drive it. You wont be disappointed.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Been doing that trip for years. Through, Knocking, where there's a shop, the Knocking shop. Beautiful road, never go the os way unless towing.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I wish everyone would stop using any of the roads in Wales.
    I get quite annoyed when the journey to Coed y Brenin (normally about 30-40 mins) takes over an hour and a half in summer due to the fekkin caravans, and tourists gawping at our mountains.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    absolutely positively full of police around them neck of the woods with speed cameras

especially around the A5
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    And probably like to stop and breathalise shabby looking mountain bikers in the morning after they've been out on the lash the night before. They're all drunken hooligans after all.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    mudcow007 wrote:
    absolutely positively full of police around them neck of the woods with speed cameras

especially around the A5
    Not as bad as people claim - but they do hide in horseboxes and the like.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Not quite north, more mid Wales, but the A44 from Langurig to Aberystwyth is my favourite road for either riding or driving in the UK.
  • tmsjns
    tmsjns Posts: 54
    I love that road i hit i at misnight on he way home one nigh and it was emtpy and awesome!
    I live around 20 mins from coed y brennin, Thats where Im using to get back into riding after three years of. ot riding, I used to work atthe cafe in coed y brennin and used to ride the trails after work, Ob the good old days when I was fitter and less fat!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    mudcow007 wrote:

especially around the A5

i used to drive to and from north wales at least once a week and have never seen any police up there hiding with speed cameras :?
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    welshkev wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

especially around the A5

i used to drive to and from north wales at least once a week and have never seen any police up there hiding with speed cameras :?
    its because they were hiding
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

especially around the A5

oh yeah...duhhh... :lol:
  • welshkev wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    mudcow007 wrote:

especially around the A5

oh yeah...duhhh... :lol:
    And you were driving too slowly for them to notice you ;)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • YeehaaMcgee
    There does seem to be far fewer speed camera things around here than there used to be (touch wood).
    Didn't they hand the duty back to the cops after it was run by a private company for years? Maybe the cops are lazy.