Decathlon annoying me

danlightbulb
danlightbulb Posts: 701
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
5 weeks ago now I got my quote from Decathlon for the 2012 RR8.1 for the cycle scheme. At the time I got the quote the guy in shop looked on the computer and said that whilst the new 8.1 wasn't out yet it was stocked in the warehouse and they'd have no trouble ordering it when my certificate came through.

2 weeks later my certificate came through, and on visiting the shop to place my order, it turned out that the new 8.1 couldn't be ordered. Guy in the shop said he would make some enquiries and get one in for me.

That was 3 weeks ago and I've phoned the shop twice a week since and they still don't know when they are coming. I have twittered the Decathlon twitter people and their response was that the new bikes were 'on the way to stores now', well that was nearly 2 weeks ago and nothing.

Very very frustrating. I can't even get this years model (not that I want it anyway), as they have sold out now.

So if you happen to work in Decathlon head office and are reading this then sort it out please.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Shouldn't it be in French in that case?
    Probably still a bit miffed about Waterloo.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    I think the French are trying to limit our access to cycling equipment to try and stop us completely turning them over again at the 2016 Olympics.

Get mad and shout at them, maybe wave a gun. They will soon surrender the bike.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    This was going to happen to me, I made a deal with my local decathlon to let me buy a 9.1 on my card and got it in writing that they'll refund me and charge again when my voucher comes through.

Cyclescheme is crap for this, they make you choose what you want but my voucher wont be coming until the end of September, how they expect you to set an amount two months before you buy something is beyond me.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    I can't even get this years model (not that I want it anyway), as they have sold out now.

So if you happen to work in Decathlon head office and are reading this then sort it out please.

If only all our customer enquiries were this easy.

Seeing as you do not want it anyway, I will tell the warehouse not to send your bicycle.
  • I can't even get this years model (not that I want it anyway), as they have sold out now.

If only all our customer enquiries were this easy.

Seeing as you do not want it anyway, I will tell the warehouse not to send your bicycle.

I don't get it.
  • Uli
    Uli Posts: 190

I don't get it.
    Obviously not. try ordering from different retailer :D
  • FunBus
    FunBus Posts: 394
    If they're 'on the way to stores' then a couple of weeks isn't too bad - by their terminology, they could have simply meant, they are on the water from the Far East....not necessarily on the road in the UK. Which from dock to dock, usually takes about 3-4 weeks if there's no delays with weather, customs etc.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Dock to Dock is 5-6 weeks depending where in the far east it comes from.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • FunBus wrote:
    If they're 'on the way to stores' then a couple of weeks isn't too bad - by their terminology, they could have simply meant, they are on the water from the Far East....not necessarily on the road in the UK. Which from dock to dock, usually takes about 3-4 weeks if there's no delays with weather, customs etc.

Not really. They told me they were coming out mid July, that they were in the warehouse and could be ordered. Its now mid August.

Anyone know what happens if your cycle scheme voucher expires before you have chance to use it?
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    FunBus wrote:

Not really. They told me they were coming out mid July, that they were in the warehouse and could be ordered. Its now mid August.

Anyone know what happens if your cycle scheme voucher expires before you have chance to use it?

What's your expiry date?
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    Dock to Dock is 5-6 weeks depending where in the far east it comes from.......

add a bit more if it goes via Mogadishu