bikeontheway

pel66
pel66 Posts: 5
edited September 2012 in MTB buying advice
has anyone heard of or used www.bikeontheway.com . they have very cheap prices that seem too good to be true. don't want to spend me hard earned on a fake.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    pel66 wrote:
    don't want to spend me hard earned on a fake.
    then spend it elsewhere. they are trying to sell items that they are not even able to.

no contact address.

too good to be true. yes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    If you have to ask.... It's too good to be true!
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    A lot of these websites crop up through the year - they all use that generic template with no real logo or anything - and always silly prices. avoid!
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    What, you mean I cant get a Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Xenon for $54.00?

Ah tits.
  • pel66
    pel66 Posts: 5
    as i thought, had to ask, cheers for confirming my fears!
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    if you google there various trading names, it looks like they have just copied the info from this place http://www.bicyclestore.com.au/about-us
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • I have read the basic if it's too good to be true responses... Has anyone actually ordered and had good or bad experiences yet.
    Everything is 40 percent off it's not exactly free as some suggest. It still cost thousands of dollars to buy a nice bike.

Around here it is common for the local bike shops like Performance to have 40-60 percent off of a bike that retails for 2000-5000 dollars. They just don't have the bike on sale that I want right now.

They do have what appear do be a few typos for their original prices but not the end of the world. We know roughly what the real list price is right??? Like the Bianchi...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Where is 'around here?'

I have a great idea - you try it.
    But first maybe use your brain, and look for an address, phone number etc.
    Unless of course it's your site?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    ps not to mention the malware it tries to instal.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I have read the basic if it's too good to be true responses... Has anyone actually ordered and had good or bad experiences yet.
    Everything is 40 percent off it's not exactly free as some suggest. It still cost thousands of dollars to buy a nice bike.

Around here it is common for the local bike shops like Performance to have 40-60 percent off of a bike that retails for 2000-5000 dollars. They just don't have the bike on sale that I want right now.

They do have what appear do be a few typos for their original prices but not the end of the world. We know roughly what the real list price is right??? Like the Bianchi...
    i really dont want to offend you but.

go read some of the bike makers policy on internet sales.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • They do have what appear do be a few typos for their original prices but not the end of the world. We know roughly what the real list price is right??? Like the Bianchi...

yeah, and it's some way above the $54 they were advertising it for when I took a look.

But do go ahead and order from them and let us know how you get on. If they're ok, I'll have 10 of those Bianchis.