nukeproof reactor light problems

nels
nels Posts: 250
edited November 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

recently bought a nukeproof reactor light from a auction site. (unused - and condition seems to relfect that).. on receipt light seemed to work fine...but hasnt been used in anger at all since purchase.. simply boxed away until needed..

now it no longer works.. when the charger is plugged in and the battery attached the indicator is green (which suggests full battery) as it should show red if charging...

....but plugging the battery into the light unit - no lighty..

the battery itself has a check button which when connected to the charger shows orange/amber... but interestingly enough connected to an alternate charger (not specific to the battery unit) the check light shows green..

just wanted to know if anyone has experienced the same / similar;
and perhaps more importantly does anyone know of a replacement battery (LUU) as i have a nasty feeling the battery is bu66ered...

all advice welcomed
Nels
Nels

Trek Fuel EX9
Giant Defy1
Rockhopper SL Expert

Comments

• FunBus
    FunBus Posts: 394
    If you do find a battery, i imagine it'll cost you quite a bit. Have you tried contacting CRC for their advice?
  • nels
    Dead battery.... hopeful bikehero will deliver....
    Nels

Trek Fuel EX9
    Giant Defy1
    Rockhopper SL Expert
  • Hey Nels
    Got the same problem with mine, did you find an alternative battery?
  • nels
    yep.. bikehero did indeed deliver.

http://www.bicyclehero.com/

i tell you what for £90 you can have my barely used light, new battery, new split cable (on way), replacement lenses (new unused), headmount (new unused), bar mount.

Cheers
    Lee
    Nels

Trek Fuel EX9
    Giant Defy1
    Rockhopper SL Expert