The Cycle Show, Take Two

cooldad
cooldad Posts: 32,599
edited August 2012 in The Crudcatcher
It was actually, unexpectedly, worth watching.
Not unmissable, but quite a few miles better in longer format.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

Comments

• castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    and i missed it........................................damn :x
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Nope, still s**t.

Roadie, commute, blahter, roadie, commute, blather and this weeks bonus cycling activity - BMX racing, for five mins.

Amatuerish production values, and lowly content. For those reasons, ahm oot.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Watched about 3 mins of it. Some bird cycling into a town centre and apparently shock horror if you use an app you can find traffic free routes. Wow why didnt I think of that oh I did I just use a map. Obviously aimed at people just taking up cycling so a bit patronising and pointless for a regular cyclist.

Mind you a cycle show that interested and appealed to me would be pointless and utterly confusing for the vast majority of occasional and new cyclists.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • IhateDNS
    IhateDNS Posts: 380
    It's good to watch on replayer as can fast forward the dull bits can watch show under five minutes now.
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    stubs wrote:
    Obviously aimed at people just taking up cycling so a bit patronising and pointless for a regular cyclist.

Mind you a cycle show that interested and appealed to me would be pointless and utterly confusing for the vast majority of occasional and new cyclists.

This definitely. I think the big push at the moment to get people cycling is a very good thing and it is working fairly well I would say. This show is definitely a part of this and is aimed at the 'noobs' and is good for that puropose. As you say, a show which went into as much detail and bike-geekiness as we would want would probably get about 4 viewers.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    At least it's getting better though, and you have to remember that it's "the cycle show", not "the uberzoorz-gnar MTB show for haters or lovers of Orange5s and Audis"
  • Clank
    Would it kill 'em to make cycling look fun?

..and take it out of London, too.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• YeehaaMcgee
    Clank wrote:
    ..and take it out of London, too.
    Very much this!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    There you go. Cycling in the provinces. Appears steel SS are big news.

a240599.jpg
    cycling_outfit.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Still looks like a city gent to me. Especially since he's ona steel, rigid, singlespeed 29er.
    He probably drives a black, or white Audi as well.
  • Clank
    Wow. The Village People have been going longer than I thought.

Nice 'tache, sweetie.

• IhateDNS wrote:
    It's good to watch on replayer as can fast forward the dull bits can watch show under five minutes now.

That'd give you 5 mins of anything worth watching then. :shock:

Still very disappointing and a missed opportunity.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Longer format just seems like the short format but they talk slower