Rigid fork advice

2»

Comments

• Kona P2. Or £110 suspension fork.
    The project 2 is still £75, cromoly and only available for V-brake? The idea of the conversion is to remove the susp.forks too?
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

A day where you don't learn something is a waste...
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Kona P2. Or £110 suspension fork.
    The project 2 is still £75,
    Still utterly bonkers for a rigid fork, ESPECIALLY one that's been around since before the cro-magnon era.
  • Kona P2. Or £110 suspension fork.
    The project 2 is still £75,
    Still utterly bonkers for a rigid fork, ESPECIALLY one that's been around since before the cro-magnon era.
    What would you recommend then?
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

• YeehaaMcgee
    You're missing the point, I think. I don't believe a rigid fork is a sensible choice on any mountain bike, especially when they're all overpriced.
    If you wanted a rigid fork for weight savings, or if you weren't actually riding off road, then fair enough, at about £40 or so. But the prices people are asking for them is purely to seperate fools and their money.
  • You're missing the point, I think. I don't believe a rigid fork is a sensible choice on any mountain bike, especially when they're all overpriced.
    If you wanted a rigid fork for weight savings, or if you weren't actually riding off road, then fair enough, at about £40 or so. But the prices people are asking for them is purely to seperate fools and their money.
    Fair enough. I am hoping to save weight and most of the use will be commute, as my MTB is how I get to work 5/6 days a week. If I can get a fork that makes that trip easier, and allows a non-teeth chattering ride on a trail then i'll consider it...but as you suggest at the right cost! Carbon appears to give the better weight and ride by absorbing more of the vibration, but if the difference is negligable then i'll consider any option.

This is the buying advice thread, and i'm all for getting advice before purchase.
    Newbie with a Felt Q720

• YeehaaMcgee
    In that case, if you definitely are after a rigid fork, I'd advise a carbon one.
    But realistically, if the bike gets any use off road, I'd get a suspension fork, it really won't make much difference to your commute.