Wife's 1st MTB

rob39
rob39 Posts: 479
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Had the wife out trying MTB and she has really taken to it, to a point where she is looking for a new bike,but does not want to spend a fortune (just yet) She has seen a Pinnacle willow one 2012 (evans) right on the money. Going to be used for forest roads, blue routes and maybe dare a red in the future.
Any thoughs??

Frame:Pinnacle 6061-T6 Heat-treated Aluminium alloy; Fork:SR Suntour XCT LO 100mm; Front Derailleur:Shimano FD-TX51; Rear Derailleur:Shimano RD-TX35Number of Gears:24; Shifters:Shimano SL-M310Chainset:SR XCT 22-32-44TChainrings:22-32-44T; Bottom Bracket:FSA Square Taper; Cassette:Shimano CS-HG20 12-32T; Chain:KMC; Pedals:Wellgo Flat metal body; Front Brake:Tektro 837AL V; Rear Brake:Tektro 837AL V; Brake Levers:Tektro RS360; Handlebars:Pinnacle Aluminium low-rise bar, 15mm rise, 660mm width, 9/5 degree sweep; Stem:Pinnacle MTB Ahead stem, 75mm; Headset:FSA Semi-integrated for 44mm ID; Grips:File pattern Kraton rubber; Rims:Alex ID-19 32H; Front Hub:Formula; Rear Hub:Formula; Spokes:Stainless PG; Front Tyre:Kenda Kadre K1027 2.1"; Rear Tyre:Kenda Kadre K1027 2.1"; Tubes:Butyl; Saddle:FWE Sport women's, grey; Seatpost:Pinnacle micro-adjust Aluminium; Seat Binder:QR clamp

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    On the money if basic paths is all you want to do, but venture deeper off road and the fork quickly spoils the ride. Rest of the kit is pretty good though, especially the gearset.
  • rob39
    rob39 Posts: 479
    Cheers, the suntour XCT v3 and v4 fork seems to be the fork of choice in the £250 £400 price range of MTB, don't think the red at kirroughtree will be visited :x mainly the forest roads but the blue at glentrool and kirroughtree should be about right for her and the bike.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I always say this (sorry :oops: ) but I would look at buying a second hand bike, that way you'll get a much better spec that can handle the blues's and red's and anything else you throw at it, and if she decides she doesn't like it you'll (probably!) get your money back :D

I'm a girl so I properly understand the need for nice shiny new things, but this way you really DO get much more for your money! It'll weigh less for starters 8)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • miss notax wrote:

I'm a girl so I properly understand the need for nice shiny new things

This must make about 90% of the guys on this site, including myself, girls too then?? :oops: