DHL

rubertoe
rubertoe Posts: 3,994
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
Quick question about DHL if I may?

I am expecting a delivery from DHL today, but as I wont be there to collect it/sign for it and neither will be my good lady, my question is will it be left with a neighbour or will I get a card through the door with a tried to deliver it but now you will have to come and collect it?

alternatively, will they give another date for delivery?
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Going by the other couriers I've had experience with, they will pretend they tried to deliver the parcel, pretend that they've left a card, then attempt a redelivery unless you tell them otherwise.

ETA: Not saying that's what DHL will do though
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I'm afraid it's very unpredictable, as Kelsen says.

Different company, but when ParcelFarce delivered my frame nobody was around for the first delivery. No card, no nothing so wondering where my frame was, I chased it up and only then did I learn that they had 'tried' to deliver.

I ended up organising them and working at home one day so I could pop to the depot on Royal College Street.

So my advice would be to keep calling and checking.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Last time I had anything delivered from them they took it back to the depot.

Wasn't too much of a problem as it turned out the depot was on my way home from work and they were open quite late.
    The problem I had was the delivery driver wrote the parcel number down wrong on the card so it took them ages to find it.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Last time I had anything delivered from them they took it back to the depot.

Wasn't too much of a problem as it turned out the depot was on my way home from work and they were open quite late.
    The problem I had was the delivery driver wrote the parcel number down wrong on the card so it took them ages to find it.

Ditto on all of this. DHL depot was nearby and the drivers seem to enjoy putting the wrong details on the cards. The staff at the depot were very helpful though.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Well they came, the left a note and they left.

Parcel however is at the Post Office just up the road on the high street, so its not to bad and i'll bunk of work early tomorrow to collect.

Ya bike bits!!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills