Evans Cycles RideIt! King of the Pennines

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know the Evans Cycles King of the Pennines RideIt! event is this weekend and there are still a handfull of places left.

The ride takes place on Sunday August 19th in Skipton, North Yorkshire, and you can choose a 101 or 48 mile option. We'll have well stocked feedstations, good bags and our partners MucOff have confirmed they will be along to give advice.

This is one of our challenge events, it's pretty hilly with over 11,000 ft of climbing (on the long route) - but you'll be rewarded with some amazing views of the beautiful Yorkshire landscape.

We'd love to see you on our startline. For more info, check out the event page: http://www.evanscycles.com/ride-it/king-of-the-pennines-19th-august-2012

Balint

Comments

• ricklilley
    ricklilley Posts: 110
    Its also the Ride with Wiggo, at Barnoldswick (only 7 miles away), and the York 100 (which i'm signed up for).

Hope it goes well though!
    Specialized Allez sport 2010
    Handsome Dog framed MTB
  • plumpy
    plumpy Posts: 124
    Did this with my son and really enjoyed it, thought the Evans organisation was very slick and it was really good value for money (breakfast at the start, hot meal at the end, good HQ, good feed stations, good signage, loads of free drink tabs and gels, waterproof map, etc). Would definitely do another Evans one. No, I have no connection whatsoever with Evans, it was just nice to find a well run sportive.
  • thecm
    thecm Posts: 71
    Would agree with all those statements Plumpy, perhaps the best organised and best value sportive I've done. Just a shame it rained for most of the last half of the long course for me yesterday but still very enjoyable.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Would have done this normaly, but couldnt refuse the ride with brad, maybe next year.

What was the turn up like, many?
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    dwanes wrote:
    Would have done this normaly, but couldnt refuse the ride with brad, maybe next year.

What was the turn up like, many?

Same here, the lure of Wiggo too much to resist, or I would have done this one. Hopefully next year they can be scheduled for different weekends.