Experiences of my 2nd Club ride.

NITR8s
NITR8s Posts: 688
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
On Saturday i joined my local cycling club for the 2nd time, after the first week the older chaps encouraged me to join the faster guys. After much debate if we were gonna split or not, we finally set off in a group of 7. I was finding the pace ok and moved to near the front of the group. After about 12-13miles these two extra guys joined in and really pushed the pace up and we were doing about 23/24mph on a slight incline. I wasnt doing to bad until I was signalled to go to the front of the group. I led for a few minutes but doing this really killed me off and I dropped to the back of the group. It was at this point I decieded to drop off and join the older chaps, I cycled in the reverse of the route I did with them last week and finally meet up with them and finished the ride to the cafe stop and then back home. When i got home I checked my bike computer and I had done 42.5 miles and averaged just over 16.5Mph.

Next Saturday I will try the faster group again, with an aim to last longer and if not drop off to the slower group.

Comments