peak district route, can i make it better?

Bigchris
Bigchris Posts: 131
edited August 2012 in Routes
Going to give this route a bash in the near future, but am wondering if I can add any more good bits onto it.

http://www.hitthehills.com/blog/index.php/2012/02/doctors-gate-rushups-edge-mam-tor-epic/

The only part I've switched in my head is instead of going all the way down snakes pass, there is a bridleway opposite where you join snakes pass from blackley clough. Figured that may be ok to cut a lump out of snakes pass. also was thinking of starting from hayfield rather than edale..will end with a road journey back to hayfield from Glossop but d rather do that than spend double on train fares.

Is there anyway of combining the beast into it simply, without what it looks like a push back up?

If anyone wants to join me give us a shout.

Comments

• compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    The rpute seems to do both Rushup Edge and Roch Clough the wrong way. Doctor's Gate (if that's the one parallel to Snake Pass into Glossop) is overatted if you ask me.

If it were me, I'd do the classic Jacob's Ladder - Rushup Ege - Roych Clough.

And if you're riding to Hayfield, coming off a Manchester train, get off at Broadbottom just before Glossop, its more direct and you can ride mainly on back roads rather than the A624, which is proper busy.