fox floats

morleyman200
morleyman200 Posts: 513
edited August 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
looking at getting a canyon, and on the site it states the bike has fox floats up front with 170mm of travel, but on fox's website, there are no floats with 170mm? is there a spacer inside the fork limiting it to 170, and if there is, how hard is it to remove as i know the rockshox fork spacers are easy to remove.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    OE parts can be very different to aftermarket parts.

there were no 190mm 66 marzocchi forks but Scott had them on their bikes a few years back.

and it is unlikely your 160mm forks can be extended if that is what you are asking.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • no it comes with 170mm floats FIT RC2s, i was wondering if they we're the same as after market float FIT RC2s 180mm but with a 10mm spacers? i know that OE stuff is different, was just curious
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    for that you will have to talk to Mojo or Canyon.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • My Canyon came with 2012 150mm Fox Talas FIT 15mm q/r forks.

The Fox website stated that this model didn’t exist, only in 140mm travel.

My mate has 2012 140mm Fox Talas FIT 15mm q/r forks. Mine and his are exactly the same but mine have 10mm extra travel.

Maybe Canyon are getting shocks made to there specification (happens all the time). Maybe Canyon are customising the forks at the factory (unlikely). Maybe its an act of god. I just thank the trail gods for the extra 10mm of bounce.

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x