Under 18s MTB clubs?

MTB noob
MTB noob Posts: 272
edited August 2012 in MTB rides
I am a keen mountain biker but the problem is that it is getting boring that i cannot find a MTB club that goes on rides regularly in my area.

I already have done a couple of rides with Quest but the dates for the rides are too spaced out for me.

I am also not sure if i could keep up with any of the other groups because I am not fully into the sport.

Can anyone suggest a MTB group within 15 mile radius of Worthing? (cycle distance)

My god road cycling is scary! I'm going to keep my relaxing rides to the trails where everything is green, fast and less crazy.

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    I doubt you'll find an under 18 club, clubs are for all ages but you'll find under 18's in them! I can't help you further though, sorry!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I am also not sure if i could keep up with any of the other groups because I am not fully into the sport.

Won't know unless you try. If you manage the SDW in a day you'll be fine with most MTB clubs.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just look for informal groups who ride, arrange stuff through forums like this. They'll be friendly and go at the slowest pace usually. Often it's a social experience and ride. Formal clubs vary, some are good, some are obsessed with performance and speed and might leave you behind if you can keep up with them.

Likely won't find anything specific to under 18s unless it's a DH/freeride specific group, though they probably arrange their stuff on Facebook anyway, forums being old skool :P.

But age matters not really I find with anything involving MTB.

Depends how under 18 you are and if your parents are okay with you meeting up with "some blokes you met off the internet" in the woods :D
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    deadkenny wrote:
    Depends how under 18 you are and if your parents are okay with you meeting up with "some blokes you met off the internet" in the woods :D

Don't let it go there again.....