1st 25 mile run complete

boh67
boh67 Posts: 71
edited August 2012 in Road beginners
out early this morning and did my first 25 mile run. average speed of 13mph and took 1hr 56min. I feel absolutely fantastic after it. A nice sunny morning and the roads were quiet. bliss :D

Comments

• BoydD
    BoydD Posts: 68
    Well played, I love riding first thing when the roads are quite. Couldn't get out this morn but will be out tomorrow.
    Giant Defy Advanced
    Cannondale Super Six 105
    Spesh Rockhopper
  • boh67
    cheers mate, longest i have went (not much for the most people) but still a newbie so im well chuffed with the distance and how i feel afterwards
  • ricklilley
    ricklilley Posts: 110
    Well done on the 25 miler.

I too went out for an early ride this morning, 36 miles with a 12.8mph average. The roads were nice and quiet, and it wasn't too hot.
    Specialized Allez sport 2010
    Handsome Dog framed MTB
  • boh67
    ricklilley wrote:
    Well done on the 25 miler.

I too went out for an early ride this morning, 36 miles with a 12.8mph average. The roads were nice and quiet, and it wasn't too hot.

cheers mate, well done to you to. It was meant to be hot here as well (central scotland) so thats why i headed early as well. Though surprise surprise its cloudy :evil:
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Good stuff - sounds like you really enjoyed it and feeling chuffed with yourself. So onwards and upwards to 30 miles by the end of August?? :D
  • boh67
    Lol yea we will see mate. Had a great run nice and quiet along some country lanes
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    Nice one, well done. As someone who has also just started, I know how tough it is and like you say, to some on here, it's nothing but a long way for us.

Did 35 miles myself today, and found it pretty tough, though my average was up to 15.3, so maybe I should pace myself better.
  • ricklilley
    ricklilley Posts: 110
    I actually wanted to do around 50 miles, but the loop i did turned out to be shorter but hillier than i thought. It was meant to be a longish training ride in preparation for the York 100km i'm doing next sunday.
    Specialized Allez sport 2010
    Handsome Dog framed MTB
  • boh67
    RandG wrote:
    Nice one, well done. As someone who has also just started, I know how tough it is and like you say, to some on here, it's nothing but a long way for us.

Did 35 miles myself today, and found it pretty tough, though my average was up to 15.3, so maybe I should pace myself better.
    Well done mate onwards and upwards :D
  • Love early morning rides, did 32 miles today in 1hr 58mins. Great weather
  • Sounds like were all feeling good about our early ride today. I bought my Allez Sport in June and completed a 32 mile ride this morning in 1hr 24 minutes. The conditions were great with no wind at all.
    Im unsure what the long term riders regard as a respectable average speed so I keep pushing hard.
    Any Idea?