Boardman to canyon

lostintheforest
lostintheforest Posts: 7
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hello,
first post and looking for some advice please.
I have a Boardman Comp FS, which I like and does the job. But I have the chance for a Canyon Nerve XC8, secondhand of cause. Is the canyon going to be that much better, Boardman would be sold to help fund the Canyon. Most of the time I'll be using it at Cannock, Sherwood pines and Llandeglla with a view to more when time permits.
Any advise/experience welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It will be better specced and lighter, but also racier ie steeper angles and more twitchy.
  • anj132
    anj132 Posts: 299
    I guess it also comes down to how much extra the canyon will be after you've sold the boardman. You also have the hassle of selling/sending the boardman. Also depends what condition the canyon in.
  • andy_welch
    andy_welch Posts: 1,101
    supersonic wrote:
    It will be better specced and lighter, but also racier ie steeper angles and more twitchy.

Are you sure? You could well be right, but last time I looked I thought the geometry of the boardman fs and canyon xc bikes was pretty much the same. Both looked like general purpose trail bikes to me with ~69 degree head angle and 120mm travel at each end.

Components may be slightly better on the XC8, but I suspect that the difference would be pretty minimal in practice.

Cheers

Andy
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The Comp was the entry level FS bike which is no longer made - the Canyon is somewhat lighter and better specced. The geo is quite similar looking more closely at it, but not sure how Boardman measure the angles - Canyon do with a 500mm A2C rather than the usual compressed or shorter length.