Womens XC MTB olympics

junglist_matty
junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
edited August 2012 in The Crudcatcher
A colleague of mine has tickets to go watch the womens MTB event, he's ill and can't make it, I can't make it either so he's looking to see if anyone wants them (2x tickets for tomorrows event)? Pretty sure he's willing to give them away so long as you go collect them in person; it's last minute because he's been ill all week and was hoping he would be good enough to go himself.

Let me know if you're interested, he's based just outside Cambridge

Cheers.

Comments

• Mate, I would have been all over this had we not made plans with my wifes cousin :(
  • bigdawg
    bigdawg Posts: 672
    nip over to singletrack - Ill be surprised if they last a minute..
    dont knock on death\'s door.....

Ring the bell and leg it...that really pi**es him off....
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    tempting, but already going sunday, ask on www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Mate, I would have been all over this had we not made plans with my wifes cousin :(
    Threesome? Sweet.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i live just outside cambridge too, and i like mtb cycling and i have loved the olympics and getting to the olympic site would be easy.

mind you, i cant be arsed
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    XC racing at Olympics = zzzzzzzzz

Womens XC racing at Olympics = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • YeehaaMcgee
    To be fair, I would have thought that about the track cycling and rowing as well, but they turned out to be quite exciting to watch. So I'm reserving judgement.
  • sheepsteeth
    i'll reserve your judgement in a minute fella.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    A few crashes all ready.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    watching it and i still think this track is embarrassing to the sport :(
  • sheepsteeth

what is it you dont like?

im watching it because it is on and it looks ok i reckon. it is xc racing afterall
  • stubs
    Thought I might have been a bit harsh so decided to watch a bit. Yep I was right its dull.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    The rocky descents look trickier than almost anything at any trail centre I've ever been to.

Like sheepsteeth says, what is it that's wrong with this CROSS COUNTRY course?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • stubs
    bails87 wrote:
    The rocky descents look trickier than almost anything at any trail centre I've ever been to.

Nothing wrong with the course its just incredibly dull to watch.
  • bails87
    stubs wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

Nothing wrong with the course its just incredibly dull to watch.
    Like any endurance sport,especially where the leaders are so far ahead of the others. And that's a fair point.
    MTB/CX

• sheepsteeth
    has it been decided whether the course will remain after the competition?
  • bails87
    Apparently it is going to stay,and be open to the public. Probably be some changes to it though, hopefully chicken runs rather than removing anything.
    MTB/CX

• sheepsteeth
    thats pretty good, i might head down for a go on it seeing as its only 40 miles from my house
  • stubs
    thats pretty good, i might head down for a go on it seeing as its only 40 miles from my house

Looks like it would be a fun ride but way too short for a proper ride. Maybe if they could use it as the basis for a proper trail centre but dont know how big the farm is.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    bails87 wrote:

Whilst I wouldn't agree about it looking trickier than any trail centre, it definitely had sections which were satisfyingly tricky, I thought - especially since Njee pointed out a loooong time ago - they're riding it on funny bikes.
    It was well filmed too, good coverage. But, as always, quite dull to watch, but it was fine in the background whilst I had my dinner and tinkered with the bike.

It also blew apart some of the 29er myth(/bullsh*t) too. The race was won, I believe, on a 26" machine, and there were lots of short women riding big wheeled bikes.
    Which basically knocks the for and against arguments for 29ers for six.
  • sheepsteeth
    those bikes were gopping. no where near enough suspension.

i quite enjoyed the race, not exciting but i think i am judging it against watching DH.
  • Whilst I appreciate this is off-topic, we are in the crudcatcher, so suck it bltches!

Can someone tell me if they're going to be keeping the olympic BMX track after it's all over? It looks excellent.
  • sheepsteeth
    Whilst I appreciate this is off-topic, we are in the crudcatcher, so suck it bltches!

Can someone tell me if they're going to be keeping the olympic BMX track after it's all over? It looks excellent.

ive been reliably informed that they plan to keep it but to make a few changes, i hope they dont remove anything but choose to install chicken runs for people like me.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Whilst I appreciate this is off-topic, we are in the crudcatcher, so suck it bltches!

ive been reliably informed that they plan to keep it but to make a few changes, i hope they dont remove anything but choose to install chicken runs for people like me.
    They could flatten it and turn it into a squiggly velodrome
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thewaylander
    Well i personally don't just ride trail centers :p

But on the whole I just think 90% of the course is dull with bizarre rocky sections thrown in, it's so far from what most people ride its completely unrepresentative of what most people see as the sport. Just makes it look boring and to be honest riding most of that course i would be bored with around 5 minutes of fun he he.
  • cooldad

But on the whole I just think 90% of the course is dull with bizarre rocky sections thrown in, it's so far from what most people ride its completely unrepresentative of what most people see as the sport. Just makes it look boring and to be honest riding most of that course i would be bored with around 5 minutes of fun he he.
    I think you miss the point. That is the sport, officially - hence people get medals and sh1t. What most people do is not sport, it's riding.
    (I am having a sense of deja vu)
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Thewaylander
    cooldad wrote:

I think you miss the point. That is the sport, officially - hence people get medals and sh1t. What most people do is not sport, it's riding.

Where people quoted the dictionary for the term sport for you, and it didn't say competition....
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Most people play on singletrack too. It's kind of hard to race on singletrack.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Where people quoted the dictionary for the term sport for you, and it didn't say competition....
    Oh not this sh*t again.
    Most people don't ride their mountain bikes for sport, they do it to mess about in the woods, for fun.
    Whether it's technically a "sport" or not is irrelevant. And if we ARE doing this nonsense again, I'm pretty sure that the dictionary definition of "Sport" mentioned competing.
  • cooldad
    cooldad wrote:

Probably the Daily Mail dictionary.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools