Need a new saddle.

simey83
simey83 Posts: 113
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

So basically, I need a new saddle. To put it nicely, my arse is killing me (no jokes please!). I have been doing some research and came across the Specialized Romin range. Which are supposed to be designed to help bloodflow!

Anyone had any experience with these or any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    The perfect saddle = the holy grail.

Heard good things about the Romin, but for me (and many others) the Charge Spoon is great. Comfy, cheap, durable - I don't see the need for anything else.
  • Get a test saddle if you can, try out a couple of shapes. I also have good things about the charge spoon, by the way.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Charge Spoon. It's a forum rule I think.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    If you can get to an Evans you they have a memory foam pad which measures how fat your ass is (well the width of your sit bones anyway) which is the starting point of getting a saddle that fits, which is the key thing. The 'Spoon' didnt suit me.
  • cooldad
    chrisw333 wrote:
    If you can get to an Evans you they have a memory foam pad which measures how fat your ass is (well the width of your sit bones anyway) which is the starting point of getting a saddle that fits, which is the key thing. The 'Spoon' didnt suit me.
    They do a Ladle for women and men with fat arrises.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • simey83
    Thanks Guys!!! :)
  • simey83
    Oh, can you size a Charge Spoon or do they come in "one size fits all"?

Thanks
  • cooldad
    One size fits many.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • simey83
    Just bought one :)

Thanks Guys.
  • The Spoon is my perch of choice and I have an enormous derrière. Saddle choice depends upon many things. Trial and error the only solution I fear. I got a cheap second hand spoon from ebay to try, loved it and now have new Spoons on my FS and hardtail. If only there was a saddle library where we could all try before we buy...