How much have you made this season so far?

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
edited August 2012 in Amateur race
Diddly squat is my total after about 20 races with 4 to go.
The thought of an envelope does keep me training though.

Comments

• A mighty £40! If i keep racing like this i'l be able to afford some zipp 404's before i retire!
  • 06townsonj
    06townsonj Posts: 509
    £170 with 7 races to go.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Hard to tell, I've had £150 in vouchers, £100 cash and might get a few quid from the league at the end of the season.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    £30, but when you factor in license, bc membership, entry fees, petrol etc it's more like -£670
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Cheaper than a decent golf club though :)
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    With costs -£000's
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    About £70 last season, so far this season?, a big fat nowt!!! :lol:
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    £20 last season. None this season.
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Quite a bit, though not going to post it on the internet ;), certainly enough to cover my racing expenses.
  • £125, minus £154 in entry fees. :D
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Winnings are around £120 if you include vouchers. Not great, but then I've only managed 10 races and a couple of time trials. Can't believe season drawingto a close - no more circuit racing, only one more road race lined up (although I might squeeze a couple more in) and then its hill climb season!
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    Now well and truely retired but for several years i did turn a profit and that includes the petrol.
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    it's an interesting question. i've travelled to a lot of races, so it really dents any winnings you take, plus you have to pay to enter them in the first place. In TTs if i take a placing or the win, and we also take the team prize then it can end up being a pretty good day. if it's just a placing then it's less good. but with about 20 top 4 finishes and 3 open wins, along with several 2nds, i've probably just broken even this year, even though i suspect i've taken home quite a lot of cash. definitely not about the money!