Recon TK silver 2012 fork set up

gallowayphantom
gallowayphantom Posts: 36
edited August 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all
My sons new MTB has a Rock shox Recon TK Silver 2012 fork (coil spring I think) How do you set this up? Sag etc

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    if coil, you turn the adjuster, top left leg. rebound adjust to suit, bottom right leg.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Sit your son on the bike, holding handlebars and feet on the pedals standing up (you may have to support the bike) and adjust the preload (twisty thing on the top of the non-drive side stanchion) so that the sag is 25-30% when you son is in his usual riding position.

Mine didn't come with a rubber ring on the stanchion to measure sag, use a cable tie if yours hasn't either. Remember to take it off before riding though.

Set the rebound so that the fork does not extend so quickly that it feels bouncy but not so slow that you can actually time how long it takes to return. Rebound is more personal preference though. Ride it and tinker.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No need to take the cable tie off - I've had the same one on for years. Just fit it quite tight and slide it to the top of the stanchion.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools