15wt Fork Oil & Fork Grease.

Darkstalker420
Darkstalker420 Posts: 212
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi will be due a 120mm spring swap for my Recon's soon :D so will be doing a lower leg service/lube. I have a few bikes to look after at home and most will need a fork service at some point. So i was looking for maybe at least a decent sized bottle to last a while. I hear you can use motocross stuff so would finding a good 15wt MX oil be ok? (silkoline etc??) Also i will be needing some grease to cover the new spring in and also to lube the seals when first reassembled.

Now i have to confess for all the years i've been maintaining my own bikes i have used automotive grease (usually lithium based) big tub of whatever is available at the time. Seems to have worked imho BUT i don't like the idea of using this in suspension forks (especially mine :shock:). So will be needing some "safe for fork seals" grease ALSO that plays nice with the fork oil (and doesn't turn into some hideous chemical slop in me Recon's:lol:).

Thanks.

Comments

• Thinking of trying Stendec (CRC have both grease and fork oil). Anyone out there use it???

Thanks.