First 10mileTT Last Night

dagger
dagger Posts: 21
edited August 2012 in Amateur race
Just wanted to share this with the world......

Entered my first 10mile TT last night and clocked 28.36 on my standard road bike. It was a flat route and I had set 30 minutes as my target so well pleased with the actual result :D

Entering a two-up on the same 10 mile route next week with a guy that finished with a very similar time and also new to the group. Any tips on how to ride this as we both have no idea whatsoever!! :?
Do you have a job?

Yeah, I'm a full time legend...........

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Decide how you are going to ride it well in advance, last 2-up I rode we decided on 20s (ish) changes, but I was riding with someone much faster than me, decide on what you are going to say if you need the rider in front to slow down, no need to say if they are going too slow, just jump in front .

Also, it's the passed riders job to jump on the passing riders wheel, not for the passing rider to slow.

Oh yeah, it's a team ride until the last 100m, when it's a sprint for glory ;)
  • dagger
    dagger Posts: 21
    Thanks for the advice. Sounds like its gonna be good?! So, what you're saying is sprint for the finish and even if you don't finish together, the first riders time would be the time for the two of you or are you still given individual times too? :?
    Do you have a job?

Yeah, I'm a full time legend...........
  • Slacey
    Slacey Posts: 78
    Nope, team time given when the second rider crosses the line.
    Freelance Journalist
    ex-Team Cycling Plus 2011
    Three Boardmans and a Spesh,
    numerous test rigs
  • When me and my brother did a 2 up 25 he did the first mile on the front and I did the other 24 :P
    10 mile TT pb - 20:56 R10/17
    25 - 53:07 R25/7
    Now using strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/155152
  • xscreamsuk
    xscreamsuk Posts: 318
    Did my first TT as a 2 up earlier this year, we planned on 30 second pulls but it ended up more like 1 or 2 minutes, or longer if one of us felt good. Just enjoy it, you'll know when you need to swap!
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Make sure you both pull through smoothly; don't make eachother waste energy accellerating onto eachother's wheels.

Every time you change over you lose time so if I were you I would take long pulls.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • alex1rob
    alex1rob Posts: 95
    Similar time to my first TT well done and you will get quicker. A season later for me after a winter on the turbo and consistant training I got down to 26 minutes first TT of the season and then 24:39 exactly 12 months after my first TT. All on a road bike so I think you can have just as much fun on a road bike compared to a TT bike. I would say keep the changes fluid on a two up, you should be able to tell if you are struggling and you'll know if you've given too much as you will struggle to hold the wheel infront when you change.