Big RR 5.3 Decathlon

kitbag101
kitbag101 Posts: 13
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all
new to this MTB lark, dont want to spend to much £350-500 but have enough bike to do some decent off road rides.

Have looked at the Voodoo hoodo and the decathlon Big RR 5.3 http://www.decathlon.co.uk/big-rr-53-id_8202905.html and reading the spec looks pretty good but i am no guru when it comes to bikes.

I have no issues about names or lables just as long as the equipment does what it says on the tin, i have noticed the Big RR 5.3 is a 29er and i have seen mixed info about these concerning your hight but they do make frame size for my hight.

would be really grateful of any input to help clear this fog i am in.

Regards

Ian

I

Comments

• waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    Frame size is related to more than height, fit is important.

Rockriders are generally pretty good. Don't know much about the 29er, have you got a link?
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    From website:

"The BIG RR is easier, faster and more fun."

Rough translation:

"Our marketing department are a set of complete breasts."

In all seriousness Decathlon bikes are good bang for buck.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    EH_Rob wrote:
    From website:

"The BIG RR is easier, faster and more fun."

Rough translation:

"Our marketing department are a set of complete breasts."

In all seriousness Decathlon bikes are good bang for buck.

Would love it if they changed the standard RR description to: "hard work, slower and less fun!". Only then would I believe the 29er description
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    All of what you said goes without saying. Everyone knows 26ers are harder, slower and no fun whatsoever, which is presumably the main reason they didn't bother pointing it out.

Yeehaa, do you work in Decathlon's marketing team by any chance?
  • i looked at the PR blurbe and yes its a load of cods.

just seems a lot of bike for the money and i will go any try the frames out just trying to find some reviews on this bike but it must be fairly new to the market.

once i get it then its finding somewhere good to ride it in Northants

\ian