Companion, France September.

bigjim
bigjim Posts: 780
edited September 2012 in Tour & expedition
Here’s the plan. I’m considering a break on or about the 9th of September. Fly into Paris and the head south to either Nice or Beziers. I’ll be camping if solo or camping or B&B or a mixture of the two if I have a companion. I estimate about 2 weeks averaging 50+ miles a day. I don’t figure on climbing a lot of mountains or racing about, head down like a maniac. I’ll eat out in the evening or cook something simple in camp. Porridge for breakfast and lunch at supermarkets etc. I’m over 60 but quite fit, don’t get stressed and pretty laid back. Not bothered about companion age, or sex, more important that we get on ok.
So anybody up for it?

Comments

• dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    bigjim wrote:
    Here’s the plan. I’m considering a break on or about the 9th of September. Fly into Paris and the head south to either Nice or Beziers. I’ll be camping if solo or camping or B&B or a mixture of the two if I have a companion. I estimate about 2 weeks averaging 50+ miles a day. I don’t figure on climbing a lot of mountains or racing about, head down like a maniac. I’ll eat out in the evening or cook something simple in camp. Porridge for breakfast and lunch at supermarkets etc. I’m over 60 but quite fit, don’t get stressed and pretty laid back. Not bothered about companion age, or sex, more important that we get on ok.
    So anybody up for it?

:shock: .
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • baldwin471
    baldwin471 Posts: 366
    bigjim wrote:
    So anybody up for it?

Might be up for it. Never done any long distances before. Might be a tad odd a 60 year old riding about with and 18 year old haha. Maybe we can get a few people interested.
  • bigjim
    Two on board already.
    They are not bothered about the SEX either. :)
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Ooh sex, now I'm interested ...
  • I'm guessing this isn't happening :P
  • bigjim
    Already happened. Been there done it. Got back late Friday. :)
    8015198715_b45531f35d_z.jpg