Felt like a tw*t.....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
So, another late morning thanks to a non compliant 2 year old.....

Anyway, I am late for a meeting - by meeting I mean meeting some colleagues for a coffee at a cafe next to work where we need to discuss the Olympics and why we hate our jobs so much, important stuff.

As I plough up Gloucester Road, in Brizzle, I noticed a roady ahead of me, he had just ignored one red light at a T juntion then stopped for the next one. Anyway, my focus was more on getting to work fast. So, I nail it off the lights. Catch and take him, then turn right onto the road I use that is rarely used by other cyclists. I have to stop at the lights at the bottom of the road, said roadie catches me and takes me as I come off the lights. I start to spin up on the fixie and my speed simply takes me past him;

Comment from roadie: 'For f*cks sake mate, I am not racing you'

My retort as I roll by: 'love to, but I am late for a meeting and have gotta go'

I should have said 'It is always a race....'

I don't see him again. I did 10 miles in 25.34 on a fixie.....I was f*cked when I got to the cafe!

Must admit that I felt like a bit of a tw*t though.....

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    you could've replied

"stop trying then" ... :)
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    That's always the way isn't it - the best replies always fly into your skull two minutes too late...
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    "Hey, where did you get those clothes? At the toilet store?"